Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Talking EHOWA.COM funny/nearly tragic gun story 3/29

Hey Y'all or out west You'uns,

Did anyone here ever hear of Ernie's house of whoop ass, http://www.ehowa.com.

It's a site run by this guy Ernie, with links to T&A pics, games, funny videos and such. A good place to waste some time now and again. He seems like a pretty decent guy, there's alot of pro-troops and military stuff. At Christmas he runs a cross promotion with LBEH.com to raise money so soldiers can get home on leave.

Today he had a funny story on there about a moment of gun handling carelessness.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: EHOWA.COM funny/nearly tragic gun story 3/29

that story a good reminder/lesson for us all.

i don't consider a gun unloaded until i lock the slide back and then look down through the chamber through the grip and see the floor/ground, then tilt it toward the ground a little and see the empty chamber.

then i rack it a few times and repeat...then i consider it unloaded. then i dry fire it with the muzzle pointed at the ground.

hopefully, i'll never absent-mindedly shortcut that procedure and have an ND.

(eta: i'm not surprised the police did not come after a single shot. most people write off such a sound to a car backfiring or a firecracker or some such thing...reminds me of a line from, iirc, way of the gun...something like "one's a backfire, three is gunplay")

(Lancaster County)

Exclamation Re: EHOWA.COM funny/nearly tragic gun story 3/29

I remember a few years back, in my 20's I lived with some friends for a period. It was no big deal to leave your stuff lying around, or under the bed. In the apartment it went without saying you could handle someone's piece or go shoot it without asking.

A couple of times I checked my stuff and idiots had done weird shit. One incident someone tried to load a 20 ga. shot shell in my 12 gauge. I didn't even have 20 ga ammo. It was down in the breech several inches, the gun could have been loaded and fired. I wonder what the outcome of that would have been.

Another time I pulled the clip out of my 9mm, and a round was pushed nosed down in the mag. I think they tried to put the clip in backward. I tried it to see what the F@#k and the bullet pushed down on the lanyard loop. If I would have racked the slide it just would have jammed up.

I don't think these things were malicious. I just lived with some people who weren't "gun" people. Their families didn't own, or whatever.

I always visually clear the breech when I pick up a weapon.