Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Shooter

(Franklin County)

Default Movie: Shooter

Well what can I say. My wife and I went to see the movie on saturday evening and it went okay. It was my weekend to pick the movie. Next week we'll be seeing premenition... The movie was worth paying to go see but it wont win any awards. It was pretty actiony and I suppose there was a little cliff hangar at the end. There were some pretty cool sniping scenes and alot of reminton rifles. Mostly 700PSS Most of the scopes were Leupold mark 4's with M3 knobs I believe. All in all it was pretty good except for the begining where he shoots this grenade launcher like 900yards lol. For the most part it was pretty close to accurate though well as accurate as hollywood can be . I recommend you see it. Thats just my opinion.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Movie: Shooter

I just saw it tonight. It made me want to break out my Rem 700 PSS and practice so bad.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Franklin County)

Yeah I know how you feel. If you leave that movie theater and not feel like bustin out the guns when you go home I dont know what to say.

The book from which the movie was base was better.

There's a whoel seried by Stephen Hunter involving the Bob Lee Swagger character.

Point of Impact
    Black Light
    Time to Hunt
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Montgomery County)

I refuse to see this movie for several reasons:

1. they screwed the story from the book.

2. I refuse to donate my money to antigun and racial agitator actor Danny Glover.

3. I refuse to donate my money to antigun actor Marky Mark Wahlberg.

can anybody explain to me how exactly convicted multiple felon Marky Mark is able to posess, handle, and use live firearms in a movie?

hes a hollywood darling I suppose.

http://www.keepandbeararms.org/infor...em.asp?ID=2360
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post

2. I refuse to donate my money to antigun and racial agitator actor Danny Glover.

can anybody explain to me how exactly convicted multiple felon Marky Mark is able to posess, handle, and use live firearms in a movie?

http://www.keepandbeararms.org/infor...em.asp?ID=2360
    I read that over on Arfcom. Supposedly the film was made mostly in Canada? Then again it goes to the whole privledge issue. You or I we'd be in jail, but a movie star, of course not.

I am interested to see this movie.

(Berks County)

I saw the movie on Sunday because of it's gun theme.

I was fully aware that the main actors "Danny Glover and " Marky Mark" were big anti-gun Hollywood liberals. But, that didn't stop me from seeing the movie. I could care less about "big libs" like them!

I basically wanted to see the shooting aspect of the movie, and I just ignored the fact that those liberals were in it. I thought that the movie in general was well made and nicely action packed.

I don't know how "Mark" was able to do all of those things you mentioned, I guess that liberal Hollywood feels like they can do whatever they want to do no matter what anybody thinks.

I also felt that the movie had a few anti-government, anti-FBI, anti-Catholic, and anti-war sentiments that were cleverly woven into the script. But, these actions don't surprise me especially coming from them. As for the book, I didn't read it so I can't compare it to the movie.

The movie has a lot of language which I knew it would. I guess it comes with the territory...Hollywood, libs and guns? I went to church that morning and saw the movie in the afternoon. After seeing the movie, I felt like I needed to go to church again! He, he, he.

Overall, I would recommend this movie just for the shooting aspect of it. If you don't want to spend the money to see the movie, I will buy you a ticket, a bag of popcorn and a drink too!
    Last edited by dnar; March 30th, 2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Failed to mention something.

I can forward a theory:

If someone actually managed to motivate the CA Attorney General to enforce the law in Holliweird, the producers could always claim he handled props. Or claim it was filmed offshore. Sometimes deception is necessary to emulate the truth. Sometimes it's as simple as lighting or dubbing/sound effects (propane muzzle flashes don't make much noise).

Unfortunately, it requires a great deal of discretion and experience to do this judiciously, and pressure to make money can distort the process. This is where hollywood vanishes into the twilight zone sometimes.

One lesson I've learned in my brief exposure to the film industry is the viewpoint: it's all about selling and art. Either one is the ends that justifies the means. This is the rationale they use for some of the crap they squeeze out, no matter how outrageous.

(Bucks County)

I have no desire to see this movie. Hollywood hype and inaccuracy. My favorites are "Saving private ryan", "Quigley Down Under", and a thrid one (the name escapes me) about Teddy Roosevelt and the War of 1898. From a firearms standpoint they are historically accurate. Great story lines. Qigley is my all time favorite because I am facinated by Sharps rifles.
    These are rifles are more than tools, they add a "romance' to the shooting sports. Hard to explain. You have to shoot them to understand what I mean.
    Jeff

(Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: Movie: Shooter

Personally, I won't see ANY movie that has Hugo Chavez's buddy starring in it, so this one is out of the question for me. I'd feel the same way if Rosie O'dodo were in it.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast