Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Where do you shoot and how often?

Ok...looking to jump start our York County thread here so I have wondered where others in our area shoot and how much.

I am a member of Starview Sportsmen in Mount Wolf and York Riflemen in Hellam Township. I use both of these ranges as often as possible (2-3times a month). Starview has an OUTSTANDING pistol range which is where York Rifle Range is definitly lacking. (NEVER go there after a rain....mud is ankle deep)
    I also like Starview's rifle range. I am not much of a rifle shooter but I do own a
    .308 Winchester model 70 sniper rifle that I like to challenge myself with every so often.
    York Rifle Range also has a post mounted clay target thrower and a 5 stand platform for practicing shotgun skills.
    I have gone to Freedom Armory over the winter because of their indoor AMAZING range, but I pay alot for ammo and the prices for range time there tend to keep me away.
    Who else?

(York County)

Default Re: Where do you shoot and how often?

We shoot on our own property, basiclly across the creek from Starview Sportsmans club. We can here them shooting often, I guess they can here us shoot. We try to shoot once a week, but that isn't always possible.

(York County)

I shoot skeet over at York & Adams Game and Fish Association in Abbottstown. I've been meaning to make it over the Starview, as I've heard good things about it. I didn't know they had a pistol range. I thought it was just sporting clays. When is Starview open?

I also shoot pistols at West Shore Sportsman's Association in Lewisbury.

Chris

(York County)

Starview is a 'members only' club so their pistol range isn't open to the public. They have a waiting list for membership (usually about 1-2years wait....yea...it's THAT good) I believe that they keep membership to 1500 members.
    York Rifle Range is a members only club as well, but they have an open membership. Don't quote me, but I believe that dues are $30/year.

Starview is open to the public for sporting clays on Sundays (9-2) and Thu (12-4). Cost is $9 for a course of 50 birds. ALWAYS a good time. (they also have a small kitchen that serves breakfast!)

(York County)

West Shore Sportsmens and York Riflemen - as often as the wallet can stand it....

Normally shoot Thursday night IDPA practice with the SIGHTS gang at West Shore - go to York Riflemen to hit the pistol range for short sessions and test new handloads.

IIRC, dues at York Riflemen is $20 bucks a year - close and has cold soda for sale in fridge when you forget it at home.

Anyone else?

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: Where do you shoot and how often?

I shoot up at SGL 242 public range and I try to go weekly or as my budget allows. I been meaning to check out West Shore Sportsman's Assoc. which I've heard many good things about here on PAFOA.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: Where do you shoot and how often?

I just wanted to add, I went to the H-burg gun rally with Djturnz and Rugerniner- we all discussed having a south PA PAFOA shoot. Throw in a charcoal grill and some tater salad and we could make an afternoon of it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(York County)

Bought 2 new pistols over the winter and haven't had the chance to shoot either one of them yet. I just joined the West Shore Sportsmans Assoc in Janurary, so hope to get there to check it out real soon now that the weather seems to be getting better. Driving a truck leaves very limited time for me and my toys.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(York County)

Any members of West Shore Sportsmen go for their Thurs nite practices for IDPA? I have never shot IDPA (never really got the chance to even watch a match) but was thinking of jumping up there some Thurs and watching and maybe shooting a bit.
    How is it?

John

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by T Durdin View Post
    I just wanted to add, I went to the H-burg gun rally with Djturnz and Rugerniner- we all discussed having a south PA PAFOA shoot. Throw in a charcoal grill and some tater salad and we could make an afternoon of it.

Let us know when and where!! If we aren't doing a Civil War event we will be there.