Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Does this mean no more blaming President Bush?

here is the text of BHO's first official act as POTUS:

NATIONAL DAY OF RENEWAL AND RECONCILIATION, 2009

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

As I take the sacred oath of the highest office in the land, I am humbled by the responsibility placed upon my shoulders, renewed by the courage and decency of the American people, and fortified by my faith in an awesome God.

We are in the midst of a season of trial. Our Nation is being tested, and our people know great uncertainty. Yet the story of America is one of renewal in the face of adversity, reconciliation in a time of discord, and we know that there is a purpose for everything under heaven.

On this Inauguration Day, we are reminded that we are heirs to over two centuries of American democracy, and that this legacy is not simply a birthright -- it is a glorious burden. Now it falls to us to come together as a people to carry it forward once more.

So in the words of President Abraham Lincoln, let us remember that: "The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2009, a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation, and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-third.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Does this mean no more blaming President Bush?

Perhaps the classless crowd at the inauguration didn't get the memo...

And that statement doesn't say anything about January 21.

(Lawrence County)

no no no... we STILL blame President Bush for EVERYTHING... now it's just obama cleaning up...
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Berks County)

The only time that we won't hear Bush getting the credit for anything is if goes right.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    The only time that we won't hear Bush getting the credit for anything is if goes right.
    Cause of course then it is just because Obama has arrived.

What scares me is the repeated notion of remaking this nation.

(Bradford County)

Pelosi is feeling her Cheerios's right now and by the way it sounds to me she wants to bring Bush up on war crimes charges. So I think my answer would be NO! I think the Left will attack him the rest of his life.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Cause of course then it is just because Obama has arrived.

What scares me is the repeated notion of remaking this nation.
    Amen!!!

Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth scares me. I like my Nation, not matter how flawed, the way it is, thanks. He seems to think that we should blur the line between democrat and republican and all work together and agree on everything. That'd be great if you're the president and want all your ideas, no matter how crazy they are, to just fly right through the system.

I like my Country where people dissagree for arguments sake in the hopes that eventually, the outcome will be the best solution for the country. Granted, it doesn't always work, but it's a hell of a lot less "dictatorial" than one president with a senate and congress that all agrees with him on everything.

I don't know, every time I hear his speaches I'm always reminded of a little guy from a foreign country that took over most of europe and had lots of parades and a country full of people that thought he was the greatest thing since Weinerschnitzl.

He talked about new nations and new orders too.

by the courage and decency of the American people, and fortified by my faith in an awesome God

our gov has religeon again???
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by justsayno View Post
    by the courage and decency of the American people, and fortified by my faith in an awesome God

our gov has religeon again???
    He was referring to himself.

Get on the bandwagon! BHO is awesome to a new level! He's brough Hope and Change to the country. He's going to completely reorganize it by getting the drones hopelessly in love with him so that they say stupid shit like...

"I pledge myself to serve the president...yada yada yada"

This guy makes me sick to my stomach. He scares me. His idea of what a president is and does scares me. His idea of how our country should be scares me.

I don't like him one bit. But if I say so, I'm obviously a "racist". I suppose that's how they'll round up all the Anti-BHO people. Call them racist and then convict them of "hate crimes" or "plotting against the president".

(Monroe County)

20 years from now theyre going to each our kids how great Bush's decisions were and how bad Obama fucked us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast