Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Damn criminals...!!

They got me again. I dropped by the house to pick my wife up to run to the store. 2:00 pm..I go in the house while she's doing her hair,some 15 minutes.
    We go out the door head for the truck and damn ! my GPS is gone.I left my window open to keep it cool,(down here in Fl.).This is not a bad area,55 and older neighbor-hood.WTF..! Damn near high-noon.This crap is crazy.
    I been ripped off four times now and getting really tired of it. You can't
    even relax in your fricken drive-way for a couple of minutes,WTF..!

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Damn criminals...!!

I've been hearing that gps units are the big thing for the thieves today. Car stereos are out, too much trouble and many of them have built in security now. Not the gps units though, right from one vehicle to another with no damage. I've even heard to take the windshield bracket down because if they see that they will break in hoping the gps is under the seat or something. Thieves are #2 on my hate list right behind child molesters. Hope I don't get in trouble for bashing thieves or child molesters.

(Clarion County)

I built a custom bracket for it,it was not in plain sight at all.Some-one had to be very up close and personal.The only people that close would be the landscape people.We don't have a garage,just a car-port.I called the owner of the landscape people,she got all deffensive but to no avail,also called the police. He said that crime was really on the up and you had really watch things. The LE was pretty cool.Got to talkin about shooting and all. He carries a G19,anyhow,ripped off again,damn !!!!!!!!

(Lawrence County)

luckily (i guess?) t's not THAT expensive now a days to replace a stolen or lost gps unit... 100 bucks and you have a new one.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Clarion County)

It's not about the money.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    They got me again. I dropped by the house to pick my wife up to run to the store. 2:00 pm..I go in the house while she's doing her hair,some 15 minutes.
    We go out the door head for the truck and damn ! my GPS is gone.I left my window open to keep it cool,(down here in Fl.).This is not a bad area,55 and older neighbor-hood.WTF..! Damn near high-noon.This crap is crazy.
    I been ripped off four times now and getting really tired of it. You can't
    even relax in your fricken drive-way for a couple of minutes,WTF..!
    Thats reason #2 why I dont live in Florida anymore. ..there was a time that folks would not only steal things that were secured, but also take the bolts they were held down with.

We went through 3 lawn mowers in 2 months' time back once back in '92. House broken into 3 times in 10 years. Garage broken into countless times.. 1-2 murdered a day in Tampa..

screw that!

(Allegheny County)

If I were you I would get a dashboard mount from http://www.bracketron.com/ and keep you gps mounted to that. It makes them less obvious that you have one since there is nothing on the windshield and you can easily take it off and put it in you glove box. The next gps you get you may want to get one that has some security features. I think there are a couple that have a way to track the gps if it is stolen. That or get one of the indash gps.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Himni View Post
    If I were you I would get a dashboard mount from http://www.bracketron.com/ and keep you gps mounted to that. It makes them less obvious that you have one since there is nothing on the windshield and you can easily take it off and put it in you glove box. The next gps you get you may want to get one that has some security features. I think there are a couple that have a way to track the gps if it is stolen. That or get one of the indash gps.
    As I said,the unit was way out of sight. I fabricated my own bracket, down below the ash tray and not visible at all.This rant is not about money,but it is getting expensive. In the past three years,I've had two auto stereos,tools,
    a trailer with an expensive job in it,some $34,000 worth,I then bought a new trailor to replace it,locks every-where,cables through the frame and wheels,
    they cut the cables and locks with a torch,gone in two weeks,never even used it yet,all these things stolen,damn......!! We're talkin over $50,000.
    They almost put me out of business .Man,I've about had enough !!!!!!

Put Turbo Charged high Power motor on your window and a touch sesnor on your new GPS, When the car is off and the GPS is touched the window rolls up at 92 billion MPH and cuts the theif right in half! They Always come back to an easy target, set em up =D

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ••SpraynPray•• View Post
    Put Turbo Charged high Power motor on your window and a touch sesnor on your new GPS, When the car is off and the GPS is touched the window rolls up at 92 billion MPH and cuts the theif right in half! They Always come back to an easy target, set em up =D
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 92 BILLION MPH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If a piece of glass were to travel 92 billion miles per hour, it would be blown to pieces before it even hit the bad mans arm. hence just blowing his arm off from the schrapnel of glass blowing through his arm at that rate of speed! haha! it wouldn't slice his arm off, it would mutilate it.

nah, just sit inside the front door at the window and watch your truck through the blinds... as soon as one goes inside your truck come BLAZIN out with your ar15 and shoot the fucker in the head.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast