Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Strangers help man robbed at gun point

HOUSTON -- A couple of strangers came to the rescue when a man was robbed at gunpoint. Now, the victim wants to say thank you to the Good Samaritans.

Police believe the criminal who was canvassing a neighborhood in the 2500 block of Wichita near Hermann Park had no idea what he was in for when he picked his target.

The victim in this case had just walked back to his car from a bar around the corner.

Kevin Dorsey says he hadn’t even closed his car door Thursday night when a man wearing all black and a ski mask put a gun to his chest. The man took Dorsey’s wallet, cell phone and car keys.

After he was robbed, Dorsey began running down the street and says two men in a Mercedes asked him what had happened.

Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.

The suspect fired back. In the end, the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy.

“I don’t believe in guns,” said Dorsey. “I don’t own a gun. I’m totally at the mercy of my saviors. They obviously sent two angels to help me. These people protected me when I couldn’t protect myself.”

After the robber had been shot, police say he jumped over a fence and was attacked by a German Shepherd. That attack prevented him from getting away.

The suspect, identified as Christopher Hutchins, is being treated at Ben Taub Hospital. He’s expected to recover.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robbe...186572461.html

Default Re: Strangers help man robbed at gun point

Cannot wait for Piers Morgan to report this story/s
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Cannot wait for Piers Morgan to report this story/s
    Don't hold your breath
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.
    God bless Texas, that allows citizens to shoot in order to recover stolen property
    Je suis déplorable

I can see the media spinning this as " the bad guy was already getting away and the victim was out of danger, all those two guys did was intensify a diffused situation putting themselves and innocent bystanders in jeopardy by firing at the suspect".
    Last edited by internet troll; January 13th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by littlebluevette View Post
    “I don’t believe in guns,” said Dorsey.
    Sandy Claws told him that they don't exist.

Civil immunity. What a great law.

"Civil Immunity

In addition, two statutes of the Texas Civil Practice And Remedies Code protect people who justifiably threaten or use deadly force. Chapter 86 prohibits a person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony from filing suit to recover any damages suffered as a result of the criminal act or any justifiable action taken by others to prevent it or to apprehend the person. Chapter 83 of the same code states that a person who used force or deadly force that is justified under TPC Chapter 9 may not be sued for personal injury or death of the individual against whom the force was used."

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I can see the media spinning this as " the bad guy was already getting away and the victim was out of danger, all those two guys did was intensify a diffused situation putting themselves and innocent bystanders in jeopardy by firing at the suspect".
    Texs is noted for not giving a red rat's ass what the media says....One of the few states where the people have no concerns about their Second Amendment rights.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    Texs is noted for not giving a red rat's ass what the media says....One of the few states where the people have no concerns about their Second Amendment rights.
    And I like that about Texas I still like to think how the other side will view something like this so that if it gets brought up in the national debate, (or during a conversation with an anti) we know what to expect and can counter argue the point.

(Lackawanna County)

Lets not forget the real hero in this, the German Shepherd that held the guy in the yard till the police got there. As an owner of a GSD, all I can say is god bless the guy that hops my 5' fence when he is outside. We should find out the address of the dog and send down some Milk Bones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast