Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default National Park carry?

I was under the impression that a recent HB now allowed carry in national parks. I was at the Portage Railroad Museum for work this morning and signs taped to all the doors and windows said no weapons. Is this still the case?

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: National Park carry?

This just sparked a memory of something that I overheard a few weeks before joining up here.

I was in NH for a week long backpacking trip in the White Mountain National Forest. On the last day, May 25th I think, I was in the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center buying a few things.

This couple had just come in after being out on the trail and stuck up a conversation with the woman working behind the counter. I am paraphrasing but she said something to this effect: "Well, we didn't see guns out there. Good thing huh? I can't believe they would allow guns out in this beautiful place....." I just looked at the woman behind the counter and rolled my eyes. She smirked and blew the woman off.

I was tired after being in the woods for 5 days and wasn't in the mood to have a debate on the issue because I probably would have insulted her and made us gun owners look like a bunch of short tempered crazy people. While I was getting into my car, I saw them walking up to their car..... Massachusetts Plates. Go figure. I despise it when people from states with extreme gun control laws come to places where it is more free and expect everyone to adapt to them!!!!

(Somerset County)

The law was passed and signed by obama , however it isn't effective until Feb. 2010 .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Lancaster County)

Just got notice that my credit card rate is going to triple on 7/8... so the bill did have that immediate effect... only wish the National Park carry started before deer season.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

This couple had just come in after being out on the trail and stuck up a conversation with the woman working behind the counter. I am paraphrasing but she said something to this effect: "Well, we didn't see guns out there. Good thing huh? I can't believe they would allow guns out in this beautiful place....."
    OH NO! Does this mean wild guns are endangered in NH? Sure those wild guns may be a dangerous animal, but why the despising of any wild animal that is so low in #'s? These enviro wackos! They only like cute wild animals!

You should have shown these people your tamed domesticated pet gun.
    LOL, I am a woman...

I've been wondering the same thing recently. The Google spiders aren't producing any conclusive answers. Is it legal to carry in National Parks?

(Tioga County)

Not until Feb 2010. It will be concealed carry only and not in Federal facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by PureRockFury View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing recently. The Google spiders aren't producing any conclusive answers. Is it legal to carry in National Parks?
    USNRET '61-'81

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Not until Feb 2010. It will be concealed carry only and not in Federal facilities.
    It strikes down any regulation on firearms by DOI. It does not effect non-DOI laws or regulations such as the Federal facilities prohibition (18 USC 930).

The new law effective in late Feb 2010 will allow any carry of any firearm as long as its in accordance with the home state's laws.

(b) Protecting the Right of Individuals to Bear arms in Units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System.--The Secretary of the Interior shall not promulgate or enforce any regulation that prohibits an individual from possessing a firearm including an assembled or functional firearm in any unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System if--

(1) the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the firearm; and

(2) the possession of the firearm is in compliance with the law of the State in which the unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System is located.
    Concealed carry only refers to Pa state parks and is currently in effect.
    IANAL