Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock 20

(Westmoreland County)

Default Glock 20

just for curiosity i just ordered a glock 20 with night sights about a week ago. Does anyone have a idea about how long it takes to get them in. it was out of stock at my gun shop and he said it would be a few weeks not very long. i'm just wondering out of curiosity and a little anxiousness. Thanks

Bastard Child

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Glock 20

If the shop puts in the order right away, and the distributor has them it stock, it may only take a few days. Pistols have to be sent overnight for interstate shipments per UPS and FedEx rules.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Allegheny County)

i don't know how long it is going to take, but i do know...

when you shoot it for the first time, you are going to get a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyy big smile on your face.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Child View Post
    just for curiosity i just ordered a glock 20 with night sights about a week ago. Does anyone have a idea about how long it takes to get them in. it was out of stock at my gun shop and he said it would be a few weeks not very long. i'm just wondering out of curiosity and a little anxiousness. Thanks

Bastard Child
    As already stated it depends on several things. Two summers ago I ordered a Glock 31 and a Glock 33 from Juniata Trade. Jerry called less than 2 weeks later to say they were in.

Today I ordered a Ruger LCP and was told it will be in next Tuesday IF the distributor has them in stock. Otherwise it could take 2 or 3 weeks.

I have never shot a 10mm. How does it compare in recoil with a .357 Sig?

(Westmoreland County)

I'm hopin so i am currently shooting the smith & wesson m&p 9 and am planning on using it for my range shooter and the glock 20 (after a few hundred rounds of course) will be my carry weapon of choice. I can't wait for my big smile.

As far as i know the shops distributor was out of stock so i'm gonna say that it will be coming from the factory, worse case scenario. I'm just wondering a rough time frame if anyone has had to order one that way on about how long it takes.

Bastard Child

(Westmoreland County)

The 10 mm has similar ballistics to the 41 cal. little big kick than a 40. Not the kick of a 45.

Bastard Child

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Child View Post
    The 10 mm has similar ballistics to the 41 cal. little big kick than a 40. Not the kick of a 45.

Bastard Child
    I currently own a Glock 27 in .40, a Glock 30 in .45 and Glocks 31 & 33 in .357 Sig.

Might just be me, but I believe the Sig is a little nastier to shoot than the .40 or the .45. I still shoot it, but less now because of the price of Sig ammo.

I still have a box of Gold Dot ammo I bought last summer. $14.95 for 20 shells!

I told my dad the only thing I can do with the Sig is take the shells out of the box, wax them and put them away. Now I'm worried about wax buildup! (sarcasm)

(Washington County)

You can get 300 rounds of .357 practice/target ammo from Cabela's for $112.99, that breaks down to $18.83 per 50, I know that its only prcactice ammo, but that is a decent amount fo ammo, and you can pick up a box or two of quality defense ammo to keep stocked for carry purposes

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    I currently own a Glock 27 in .40, a Glock 30 in .45 and Glocks 31 & 33 in .357 Sig.

Might just be me, but I believe the Sig is a little nastier to shoot than the .40 or the .45. I still shoot it, but less now because of the price of Sig ammo.

I still have a box of Gold Dot ammo I bought last summer. $14.95 for 20 shells!

I told my dad the only thing I can do with the Sig is take the shells out of the box, wax them and put them away. Now I'm worried about wax buildup! (sarcasm)
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    You can get 300 rounds of .357 practice/target ammo from Cabela's for $112.99, that breaks down to $18.83 per 50, I know that its only prcactice ammo, but that is a decent amount fo ammo, and you can pick up a box or two of quality defense ammo to keep stocked for carry purposes

Dave
    Thanks Dave. I will be ordering some.