Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Armalite vs. Stag

I can't decide between the Armalite M-15A2 and the Stag 15. I haven't found much useful info on these that would guide my decision one way or the other. If anyone could give me a reason why I should choose one over the other that would be great. Any opinions or info will be appreciated. It will be a multi-purpose rifle such as target shooting, self-defense, anti-terrorism, etc.
    Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself. - C.S. Lewis

Without the 2nd amendment, there would be no 1st amendment.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Armalite vs. Stag

You really can't go wrong with either, but I personally like the Stag for my AR 5.56 needs (for the price/quality). If they end up being the same price, do what I do in my decision making and flip a coin.

Or just buy the stag because that's what I own

Smile Re: Armalite vs. Stag

I just bought a stag 2L and like it very much. Have only shot 15 rds thru it yet, but lke it better than my RRA entry tactical, but I'm left handed and a little bias.

(Lawrence County)

Six to one.........half dozen to another.......

I guess buy the one that looks prettiest.

Lycancan'tbeliveisaidthatthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Beaver County)

Hi,
    i have a stag 15 myself (though in left handed) and ive been really happy with the fit, finish, and quality.
    stags seem to be underrated but are just as good, if not better than others.
    i think youd be happy with either so maybe see about actually holding each at a shop/show and seeing which stands out as "your gun". good luck!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjlen View Post
    Hi,
    i have a stag 15 myself (though in left handed) and ive been really happy with the fit, finish, and quality.
    stags seem to be underrated but are just as good, if not better than others.
    i think youd be happy with either so maybe see about actually holding each at a shop/show and seeing which stands out as "your gun". good luck!
    Stag uses many of the 100% identical parts as Colt, so I don't know that anyone would even classify them as being under-rated. In fact, this is the first that I have seem them referred to as being under-rated. They are a top tier AR.

(Centre County)

I have both, the Armalite is the fixed carry handle, 20" bbl and shoots great. The Stag is the 16" carbine, RRA 2 stage NM trigger, collapsible stock, folding rear site, holosight, etc, etc and and works just as good as anything else I've ever shot.

Flip a coin, can't go wrong with either.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by itstock View Post
    Stag uses many of the 100% identical parts as Colt, so I don't know that anyone would even classify them as being under-rated. In fact, this is the first that I have seem them referred to as being under-rated. They are a top tier AR.
    I've been reading (since I don't hear the internet) people calling stag sub-par for a while not but I have yet to see this first hand.

I've seen a couple and shot a couple, they were nice. On the other hand I have not shot an Armalite but I've heard good things as well. As we all know by now neither meets the TDP. I know I don't give a shit, I'm guessing you don't either so hopefully we wont break into that bastardization of a thread this time. If you don't know what the TDP is if you do a quick search of the forum you will find the buttfuck of a thread covering this 8000000 times over.

Lycan - this does not surprise me anymore!

As both Lycan and Xring said... it could go either way. Just flip.

Cheers,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    I've been reading (since I don't hear the internet) people calling stag sub-par for a while not but I have yet to see this first hand.

I've seen a couple and shot a couple, they were nice. On the other hand I have not shot an Armalite but I've heard good things as well. As we all know by now neither meets the TDP. I know I don't give a shit, I'm guessing you don't either so hopefully we wont break into that bastardization of a thread this time. If you don't know what the TDP is if you do a quick search of the forum you will find the buttfuck of a thread covering this 8000000 times over.
    I should have been more clear when I was talking about top tier....I thought that I said AR-15's, not M16/M4's. When it comes to civilians owning a top tier, I am not talking about the military standard/mil spec Colts and Fn's, of which we don't get anyway.

All of your replies confirm what I was thinking; just wanted to be sure. I guess I'll just go with the one I can get a good deal on (or looks prettiest). Thanks.
    Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself. - C.S. Lewis

Without the 2nd amendment, there would be no 1st amendment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast