Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fingerprints...why is this a chore?

I thought this would be easy. I call the local PD beforehand as per their web page instructions and ask to be fingerprinted. "The officer who does that" calls me back and asks what I need and why I need them. He says he can only electronically scan prints and he can't provide his agency number or sign off on the prints because I not being charged with anything.

I call PSP Delco. They're of no help. I call Montco. East Douche barracks but they're not sure who actually provides this "service". I finally get a hold of someone helpful in the West Douche barracks who forwards me to the "fingerprint officer's" voice mail. This guy never calls me back.

Delaware county Sheriff, no! Montgomery county Sheriff, no! Chester county Sheriff, yes!. I think SoberByker went through this same shit.

I'm amazed that public officials give people such a hard way to go about getting fingerprinted. It's certainly not hard, I've printed myself for DOD purposes.

It's as if some of these officials think if a common man is not being charged with anything, him getting printed must be a bad thing.

I'd like to see a bill that requires any and all PDs and Sheriffs to print people for a nominal fee. After all, fingerprints were their idea.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Fingerprints...why is this a chore?

I agree, this shouldn't be as big a PITA as it is.

You get fingerprinted when it doesn't benefit you, without a choice, but when you ask to be fingerprinted for your benefit, HELL NO!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Monroe County)

Interesting post. Public servants unwilling to provide service to the public.

Could it be that the PSP and others are dragging their feet for the purpose of trying to thwart the public's ability to obtain out of state permits?

(Monroe County)

perhaps you could use one of these commercial locations.

https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pde.htm

click

Print Locations & Hours

(Delaware County)

Had my prints done by my local police dept. back in Sept 2010, I HAD NO PROBLEMS, EVEN TOLD THEM WHAT IS WAS FOR (Florida) I also pay taxes and vote in the township, I think that your local pd might be the place to go good luck (Delaware County)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    perhaps you could use one of these commercial locations.

https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pde.htm

click

Print Locations & Hours
    Some out of state prints require they be done by a LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by harley104 View Post
    Had my prints done by my local police dept. back in Sept 2010, I HAD NO PROBLEMS, EVEN TOLD THEM WHAT IS WAS FOR (Florida) I also pay taxes and vote in the township, I think that your local pd might be the place to go good luck (Delaware County)
    I went through the same thing as the OP, I too am in DELCO, UDPD will ONLY print for employment purposes as well as a few other locals around here, PSP included. I didn't try Springfield. I too ended up at the very willing Chester County Sheriff's Office.

(Delaware County)

Precisely why the all in one classes are so popular...

(Northampton County)

My township PD did it for me, no problems. They were befuddled seeing the purpose listed as out of state carry permit and teased me about the "loophole." They asked if I was working out of state or something and I said yes and they did it, signed it, officer number, the works.

(Schuylkill County)

I live in New Jersey, and I just went to a nearby town (mine only does electronic). I don't live there, pay taxes there or even know anyone who lives there. The police printed me free of charge with a minimum of hassle on a card that I brought with me for the Florida out of state license. It could not have been easier.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jup06 View Post
    I thought this would be easy. I call the local PD beforehand as per their web page instructions and ask to be fingerprinted. "The officer who does that" calls me back and asks what I need and why I need them. He says he can only electronically scan prints and he can't provide his agency number or sign off on the prints because I not being charged with anything.

I call PSP Delco. They're of no help. I call Montco. East Douche barracks but they're not sure who actually provides this "service". I finally get a hold of someone helpful in the West Douche barracks who forwards me to the "fingerprint officer's" voice mail. This guy never calls me back.

Delaware county Sheriff, no! Montgomery county Sheriff, no! Chester county Sheriff, yes!. I think SoberByker went through this same shit.

I'm amazed that public officials give people such a hard way to go about getting fingerprinted. It's certainly not hard, I've printed myself for DOD purposes.

It's as if some of these officials think if a common man is not being charged with anything, him getting printed must be a bad thing.

I'd like to see a bill that requires any and all PDs and Sheriffs to print people for a nominal fee. After all, fingerprints were their idea.

I find it amazing that each dept only had ONE person that does fingerprinting....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast