Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    dani Guest

Default Where does a college student living away from home apply for an LTCF?

Hey I have a question about getting a LTC. I live in Philadelphia full time (go to school/work here) but many bills and my drivers license says my Berks address. You may only get a permit in the county you reside, and im wondering if I can still get mine in Philadelphia. Im thinking I cant do this with the address on my license being changed to my Philadelphia address. Thanks for any input!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Where does a college student living away from home apply for an LTCF?

Why not just get it in Berks? It is good in Philly then without the BS they put you through there.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Erie County)

Default Re: Where does a college student living away from home apply for an LTCF?

Berks. Or update your D/L and get it where your at now.

I believe you show them your D/L so that would confuse them / tip them off you live in Berks County.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    Berks. Or update your D/L and get it where your at now.

I believe you show them your D/L so that would confuse them / tip them off you live in Berks County.
    +1. Additionally you will get less hassle applying in Berks than you will in Philly.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

dani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    +1. Additionally you will get less hassle applying in Berks than you will in Philly.
    Thats what I wanted to do really, but having to come back to Berks for my interview might be an issue due to work. But thanks!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    Thats what I wanted to do really, but having to come back to Berks for my interview might be an issue due to work. But thanks!
    What interview? The only time that you'll be in the Sheriff's office is when you go to get the license. Its really a very painless process in Berks. Just make sure that you use the correct address. As long as your Berks address is still a valid address for you it should be no problem.

dani Guest

What interview? The only time that you'll be in the Sheriff's office is when you go to get the license. Its really a very painless process in Berks. Just make sure that you use the correct address. As long as your Berks address is still a valid address for you it should be no problem.
    OKAY I dont know what im thinking then....maybe spending too much time on the Philadelphia Sheriff's website has left me braindead.

(Berks County)

No interview required. The only thing you have do is show up at the Berks Sheriff's Office in Reading to get your license once they've approved it, as they won't mail it to you.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

lol...damn bill.. you beat me to it..."What Interview"......you have way to much free time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithxd View Post
    lol...damn bill.. you beat me to it..."What Interview"......you have way to much free time.
    LOL... Someone has to stick up for the good guys once in a while. The Berks Sheriff's office treated me very well and were very friendly, a lot more so than when I lived in Montco that was why I let my original expire years ago. Nope, the Berks guys get a big thumbs up from me.