Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default You wonder why people are so stupid...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/poli...eciprocity_Act

This news report just makes my blood curdle...

(Berks County)

Default Re: You wonder why people are so stupid...

That was...interesting. I'm forming this bad habit, of mentally counting the number of times I'm lied to or directly mislead during news videos. That ran pretty high.

Lets address some;

"A person can go to VA, get a concealed permit, and come to NYC."
    Not exactly, as it would only work if you reside in the issuing state.

"...someone who is dangerously mentally ill, and has been committed voluntarily to a mental institution (can get a permit)."
    This is misleading, mostly around the words 'dangerously' and 'voluntary'. AFAIK, there is no guideline in Alaska (or PA) for determining if a person is dangerously mentally ill, other than a report filed by that persons psychologist with the police, which would prevent getting a permit. Voluntarily admitting ones self for a mental issue isn't necessarily a bad thing. I had a friend have himself committed for a few weeks after his father passed, due to depression, and felt he should be watched over just in case. I've been shooting with him many times since, no psycho.

"Could you imagine the NYPD stopping a person with a backpack full of handguns, a known gang member, and not being able to do anything about it?"
    Please. NYPD isn't stopping gang bangers with loads of guns walking down the street anyway. And I'm curious as to how an individual can be a known gang member to local NYPD officers, but live in another state that would allow him a legally issued license.

I'm as opposed to this bill as the next guy, but denounce it based on logical, rational debate of it's infringement of a state's rights to govern itself, not based on scare tactics and an overly dramatic interview with a mother of a child who was shot by convict-and-release gang members, not a legally licenced gun carrier.

(Berks County)

I thougth Fox news was sooooo biased. So much for that Theory. Well in the end we can't thank our Senators for passing it.

(Franklin County)

Where I am all for states rights, I really think this would have corrected the part in the 2A that protects the right to "bear arms" that a handful of states seem to ignore, thus unconstitutional. This law would be no more unconstitutional then those states ignoring the right to "bear arms". I'd be for it in this case as it would not be against states rights, as it forces them to actually follow the constitution, which is not unconstitutional.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 308man View Post
    I thougth Fox news was sooooo biased. So much for that Theory. Well in the end we can't thank our Senators for passing it.
    That was not Fox news national but, rather the NYC affiliate. I used to watch them when I lived there. That was about the level of reporting I remembered, gotta dumb down to meet the brainwashed viewers.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

So when are the states rights democraps who hate guns going to repeal the GCA of 1968? Isn't that big time federal infringment on states rights?
    LOL, I am a woman...