Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PA Attorney General Website

As life long resident and LTCF holder in PA, I am proud of this website. The wealth of information on this site is valuable and beyond belief!!!

Well... after looking at the AG's website, Why is the "Firearms Reciprocity" section listed under the "Crime" tab?? I actually find this insulting and a true representation of how Cobertt feels about us law abbiding citizens in PA excercising our rights!!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: PA Attorney General Website

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    As life long resident and LTCF holder in PA, I am proud of this website. The wealth of information on this site is valuable and beyond belief!!!

Well... after looking at the AG's website, Why is the "Firearms Reciprocity" section listed under the "Crime" tab?? I actually find this insulting and a true representation of how Cobertt feels about us law abbiding citizens in PA excercising our rights!!
    Probably because the authority to issue LTCF's, to honor other states and the power to regulate firearms and carrying comes from the Crimes Code Title 18.

Also, Corbett is a friend of gun owners and of carrying. Dont get too confused, concealed carrying isn't a right - its a privilege that requires a license. Concealed carry is only a right in 2 states, Alaska and Vermont.
    Last edited by knight0334; February 5th, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Dont get too confused, concealed carrying isn't a right - its a privilege that requires a license. Concealed carry is only a right in 2 states, Alaska and Vermont.
    Governments don't define my rights, do they define yours?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post

Sure they do!

(Bucks County)

Damn. Last place I'd expect to see that attitude is a gun forum. The US government was created to protect inherent rights, not to define them - the rights came before the Constitution.

(Northumberland County)

Damn. Last place I'd expect to see that attitude is a gun forum. The US government was created to protect inherent rights, not to define them - the rights came before the Constitution.
    Try telling THEM that...

(Jefferson County)

They sure do define your rights.

When you need a license or a permit its no longer a right, its a privilege. Rights cannot be taxed, have fees placed upon them or be licensed(Murdock v Pennsylvania).

Its been long established in all but 1 state(Vermont) that concealed carry is not a right, and that it can be regulated. Even in Alaska it was deemed a privilege until the Alaskan Legislature decriminalized concealed carry.

In Pennsylvania, the only right to carry firearms is in the form of openly carrying because you need no license, permit or permission.

(Jefferson County)

The Government wasn't created to protect your rights, but rather to defend the states that form the Union. I agree our rights came before the Constitution, but so long as you cant practice a "right" freely without infringement, without it being abridged, or without it being licensed, taxed or restricted its no longer a right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drew View Post
    Try telling THEM that...
    MY POINT exactly...
    Jules

(Bucks County)

They sure do define your rights.

When you need a license or a permit its no longer a right, its a privilege. Rights cannot be taxed, have fees placed upon them or be licensed(Murdock v Pennsylvania).

Its been long established in all but 1 state(Vermont) that concealed carry is not a right, and that it can be regulated. Even in Alaska it was deemed a privilege until the Alaskan Legislature decriminalized concealed carry.

In Pennsylvania, the only right to carry firearms is in the form of openly carrying because you need no license, permit or permission.
    Just because governments don't recognize my rights does not mean they cease to exist. When you put your thumb in front of the Sun and it goes away, the Sun is really still there. In the same way, when governments infringe on rights, they are still there, even though the government is obstructing them.

The Government wasn't created to protect your rights
    Well, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin, along with the 53 other signers of the Declaration of Independence disagree:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast