Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Site Questions

Default Site Questions

I have a Taurus 24/7 40 S&W. I think it is a great firearm, and fully trust it. I don't want the "shoulda bought a Glock bit" but know it will happen. I bought it because it feels great in my hands, shoots good, has less recoil (IMHO) than the Glock, and my wife looks sexy holding it. It is a great pistol. I also like the Lifetime warranty and the fact it was over $100 less than the Glock. I am a reformed Glockite, and am proud to say that I have not owned a Glock in over 4 years.

The only downside I have seen for my 24/7 is the lack of "fitted" upgrades for it. I would like to get into USPS/IPSC and know that I need to change the sites. It has the heiny sites (I despise those sites, I hate them on the M9 as well) and would like to upgrade to a good set of nightsites or even, go so far to go to a reflex/holographic site system. I can shoot fine with the current sites. I just know that for rapid target acquisition, a different set would be fine.

Where can I find a good set of sites and/or mounts for my Taurus? They do not have to be specifically for the Taurus, but ones that would fit properly. Taurus has no accessories available except spare magazines.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Site Questions

Any good pistolsmith should be able to hook you up. As far as selection goes, you can try Midway USA they have a good selection. I'm sure that if you go to Brownells or Natchez Shooters Supply they would have a good selection as well.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

SGT, let me be the first to say you should have gotten the Glock. I'm just kidding, though. I have a 24/7 Pro in 9mm and agree with all the reasons you do for liking it. I have no regrets about choosing that over others I've looked at. My only problem with the gun is the sites. I hate em. I had to do an adjustment (tips gotten on PAFOA) to get them straighened out. The gun now shoots better but I still hate the sites and am still looking to change them out. I had to paint the dots because cloudy, low light situations made quick aquisition difficult. Accessories for these guns are few concidering it was the NRA Gun of the Year in 05. I thought it would be easier to change things around a bit. I wrote LaserMax to see if they offered an internal laser and they quickly informed me they do not and will not in the near future be offering one for the 24/7 line. So I'll be taking it to a gunsmith to have sites put on.

I would have thought, probably as you implied, an NRA gun of the year would have sites from here to the moon and back lined up. It is one of the few pistols I have ever seen without any accesories, mods, or general aftermarket options available for. I haven't even been able to find a holster that was made for it. It is the most outrageous shunning ever. Especially when you consider the amount of these pistols that have been sold in the various calibers. I can't find the reference, again, but the numbers are kind of impressive. The grips I would not change if I had to. I love the feel of the gun. If any of you non 24/7 owners doubt it, go fire a couple hundred rounds through one one day and see. It is nice, In my opinion.

I think it is a great gun, would buy it again if I had to, but my next will be a glock or smith and wesson, since I can mod them out a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.