Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default looking for an ak74

What's the cheapest price that you've seen for an ak74? I know the numbers are a lot fewer so I dont expect to find them in the $500 area. Are there ak74 parts kits or anything like that?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: looking for an ak74

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    What's the cheapest price that you've seen for an ak74? I know the numbers are a lot fewer so I dont expect to find them in the $500 area. Are there ak74 parts kits or anything like that?
    There are parts kits but they will most likely run you between $400 and $500. If your looking for something "cheap" ... the centerfire has (or at least had) bulgy ones, and as you know classicarms has the Polish Tantals.

There have been a few complaints about the ones from centerfire ... basically that they weren't built that great. I.E. sloppy rivets and what not. I haven't seen one, so I really can't comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Blair County)

dunhams here has the normal assortment. starting at 599.

$489, and WYSIWYG:

763-449-0382
    Unfortunately, the days of finding a straight-shooting AK74 in one piece for much less than six bills after shipping and transfer are going, going, gone.

You can, however, get what you want and get it done correctly, but you'll find it somewhat costly. Between getting it built and then having it refinished, which you should, since the only ammo cheap enough to shoot so that you can train leaves behind moisture-attracting salts from its primers, you're probably talking more money than you'd like to put into it.

I thought that I had gotten lucky finding an Arsenal SLR105A1R for six bills with everything but the box plus three extra magazines. They were going for upwards of $1,000 on GB, but it wound up having to go back to the manufacturer on my dime for $300 worth of repairs to the front sight and the FCG. Now, they're hitting $1,500, so of course it's presently a more worthwhile proposition, but you can see how buying new usually involves less risk of having to fix a dog.

With your price you have limited your self to a century arms build ... they seem the throw a perfectly good chromed lined barrel away with there builds ...
    There are 2 nice ak74's on gun broker ... there around the 750 mark , 2 are from the same seller .
    One is a interarms Tantal , they have the factory chrome lined barrels , all matching numbers and are built on a military spec armory USA receiver ...

Do I need to say more ...these were selling for 600 before they ran out of kits .

The Bulgies are nice too , Ohio arms are good builds ...but if you can grab one of those tantals either the folding or wz88 ... interarms .

Plus the ammo is really cheap ... I buy thru a shop I work with I pay 132 ... AIM has 1080 round sealed tins for 149 .00 thats the cheapest on the market right now .

Get it before its gone and thru the roof as the other calibers have gone .

(Blair County)

Try atlanticfirearms.com. They have a pretty good selection, but you have to check what is in the inventory, as it goes fast.

I think you're going to be into more cash, though. The AMD-65s start at $600, and the options tend to go up from there.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    Try atlanticfirearms.com. They have a pretty good selection, but you have to check what is in the inventory, as it goes fast.

I think you're going to be into more cash, though. The AMD-65s start at $600, and the options tend to go up from there.
    You can check on his inventory pretty quickly here:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=60

Registration is required to read and post.

Ohio Rapid Fire has them in the sub-$700 range:

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...m=on&ppinc=big

Full 74 selection:
    http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...lete_AK_Rifles

And one like mine (link), but they use "Arsenal" receivers:

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-b...m=on&ppinc=big
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    dunhams here has the normal assortment. starting at 599.
    Online?

Quote Originally Posted by Greguw View Post
    With your price you have limited your self to a century arms build ... they seem the throw a perfectly good chromed lined barrel away with there builds ...
    There are 2 nice ak74's on gun broker ... there around the 750 mark , 2 are from the same seller .
    One is a interarms Tantal , they have the factory chrome lined barrels , all matching numbers and are built on a military spec armory USA receiver ...

Do I need to say more ...these were selling for 600 before they ran out of kits .

The Bulgies are nice too , Ohio arms are good builds ...but if you can grab one of those tantals either the folding or wz88 ... interarms .

Plus the ammo is really cheap ... I buy thru a shop I work with I pay 132 ... AIM has 1080 round sealed tins for 149 .00 thats the cheapest on the market right now .

Get it before its gone and thru the roof as the other calibers have gone .
    Where can I find the interarms tantal and the Bulgarians?

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post

Where can I find the interarms tantal and the Bulgarians?
    Interarms Tantal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast