Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Anyone here own a macbook?

I am curious if anyone here owns a macbook.

Preferably anyone that owns either a new Unibody macbook, or a new updated 2009 White Macbook.

Coming up in June or early July I am going to buy one. I love the aluminum design of the new macbooks, but i hate the glossy screen and cant justify the price difference over it, when the white ones have the exact same features except for bigger HD, and LED Screen.

Is there anyone here who has the unibody one but hates the screen?

It was either a mac mini, or a macbook, i am choosing the macbook because I can take it anywhere. I really want an imac though but I cant really take that anyplace lol.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone here own a macbook?

I have an early macbook (core duo) and for the most part it has been a good machine. I've had a crack or two in the bezel that was replaced under warranty and I actually like the glossy screen.

Go for it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    I have an early macbook (core duo) and for the most part it has been a good machine. I've had a crack or two in the bezel that was replaced under warranty and I actually like the glossy screen.

Go for it.
    Yeah I've been checking stuff out online about the cracks, but it's covered under the warranty, and i'd get apple care at some point.

I just wish I could get it sooner haha.

I've got a Black core duo macbook, and a buddy at work brings in his brand new Macbook Pro. The new ones look and react very nicely. He dual boots Vista on it, and the thing is pretty fast. I like the glossy screen, myself.
    “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.” - John Stuart Mill

(Allegheny County)

I have a Macbook Pro but not the new unibody ones. You have to be care with those. A guy at dropped his and bent the casing. The fix would be to replace the whole thing. Not cheap if you don't have a replacement warranty. Not so much of an issue with the old style.

Either, way ... I got the non glossy screen and I love mine. Worth the price!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I have a Macbook Pro but not the new unibody ones. You have to be care with those. A guy at dropped his and bent the casing. The fix would be to replace the whole thing. Not cheap if you don't have a replacement warranty. Not so much of an issue with the old style.

Either, way ... I got the non glossy screen and I love mine. Worth the price!
    Nice, Yeah I figure before the standard warranty is done, I'll buy Apple Care. I just have to call my local Apple Store closer to the time to find out if they still carry the white 2009 macbook in their stores. If not I'll just order it off their site. If there are any dead pixels, I hope I can send it back for another.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post

Preferably anyone that owns either a new Unibody macbook, or a new updated 2009 White Macbook.

Coming up in June or early July I am going to buy one. I love the aluminum design of the new macbooks, but i hate the glossy screen and cant justify the price difference over it, when the white ones have the exact same features except for bigger HD, and LED Screen.

It was either a mac mini, or a macbook, i am choosing the macbook because I can take it anywhere. I really want an imac though but I cant really take that anyplace lol.
    I have 2 older model MacBook Pros and recently configured one if the unibody aluminum MacBook Pros for a customer. I *hate* the glossy screen and don't know anyone that really likes them. I hate hate the new mouse with the integrated mouse button. It makes for choppy clicking and scrolling. I am sure you can get used to it but I didn't like it.

#1 reason I hate it is because they did away with Firewire. It makes my job a lot harder all in all.

I don't have any sage advice. Those are just the things that really bothered me.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    I have 2 older model MacBook Pros and recently configured one if the unibody aluminum MacBook Pros for a customer. I *hate* the glossy screen and don't know anyone that really likes them. I hate hate the new mouse with the integrated mouse button. It makes for choppy clicking and scrolling. I am sure you can get used to it but I didn't like it.

#1 reason I hate it is because they did away with Firewire. It makes my job a lot harder all in all.

I don't have any sage advice. Those are just the things that really bothered me.
    Yeah for me the new screen is a deal breaker, i'll get the updated white one, i'll use my own mouse, but i love the keyboard i can buy from them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post

Is this a trick question to catch liberals and commies? Because it's working, they're fessing up!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Is this a trick question to catch liberals and commies? Because it's working, they're fessing up!
    Hahaha nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast