Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 642-2

(Berks County)

Default 642-2

Recently I got a 642-2 in a trade. I was a little apprehensive about it. I have very little experience with small revolvers. I thought it would be pretty hard to shoot accurately.

I did some dry fire over the last few days and despite the heavy DAO trigger it's not to bad. Finally took it to the range today and put some rounds through it. Imagine my surprise when the first 5 rounds went into a half inch at 7 yards! Next 5 where about an inch!

It's a very accurate little gun. The recoil wasn't what I expected at all. I like being able to get a high grip on it due to the shrouded hammer. I wouldn't want to shoot it all day but the recoil was very manageable.

My only complaint so far is when ejecting the rounds they didn't fall free. I had to pull them out. I think part of this is due to the short ejector rod. I need to practice and see if I can get a technique that works better.

Now I need to get more ammo and a speed loader!

Default Re: 642-2

my buddy has a 442. he doesn't like it. the recoil isn't bad. just a small weapon for large hands. he wants to sell it several times, but still has it.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 642-2

Try "slapping" the ejector rod instead of just depressing it.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"