Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Today's range trip

I'm going to be working for the next 8 days in a row, so Diane and I headed out to the range. Weather was nice, but a tad bit warm. Wasn't much of a breeze on the pistol range, but not unbearable. We had the pistol range all to ourselves. Gosh, I love having days off during the week.

There is a story behind the boonie hat. Diane is wearing my boonie hat from the days in the Corps which was sprayed heavily with OFF. Last week we were out here and Diane got bit by something over her right eye. By the time we got home she had a nice goozle above her eye. When she woke in the morning her eye was almost swollen shut. Don't know what it was, but Diane is allergic to it. No bug bites today.

Diane shooting my S&W 6906 9mm.

She finished with my Ruger MKII

Diane's target. Not too bad considering her limitaions. I have some guys in my department who can't shoot this well.

I was shooting my Sig P220 two-tone .45acp.
    Last edited by Steve in PA; June 25th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Today's range trip

Looks like you had fun

(Luzerne County)

Oh yeah. I burned through 150rds of .45acp in no time. Diane shot about 100rds of 9mm, then we both shot the .22 for a while. Between shooting and picking up brass we were talking about how I would bet my next pay check that very few, if any LEO's ever hit the range. I have not had anywhere near the range time I wanted this year. We've been short staffed at work and I just don't have the time.

I think we've only been to the range about 3-4 times this year. I try and sneak in 50-60 rounds when I'm working, but that doesn't always work out. I just finished loading up over 2k rounds of .45acp, so I'm ready to hit the range. Just need to add more days to the week! Or get an indoor range in the WB area!

(Luzerne County)

Oh, and speaking of Diane's target. Did I mention she is cross-eyed dominant? She's right-handed, but her left eye is the dominant eye. Not too shabby.

(Montgomery County)

Looks like a good way to spend the day off!
    Very sweet TT P220

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

Hey Steve,

Looks like you two had a great time with the range all to yourselves.

Guess what...? I went to the range today as well.

I took both kids today. My daughter is 12. I've taken her shooting a few times. She definitely enjoys the rifle. Here she is shooting my Anschutz 1807.

My son is 9. This was his second trip to the range and the first time he shot a "real gun that shoots bullets." as he told Mom. He did well, considering the rifle was much too large for him. He landed all of his shots within a 3 inch target circle at 50 yards. I was impressed.

I want to get a used Cricket or other smaller/junior sized rifle. My target rifle is just too heavy for him.

After my daughter fired a bunch of shots I took a look through the scope to see how she was doing. I saw shots all over the place. I looked at her and asked what happened. She said a bug landed on the paper and she was trying to pick it off! Like father like daughter! LOL!
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Oh, and speaking of Diane's target. Did I mention she is cross-eyed dominant? She's right-handed, but her left eye is the dominant eye. Not too shabby.
    Both of my kids and I are too. I have to wear a patch over my left eye when I shoot rifle. For pistol I just tilt my head further.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Luzerne County)

Its always nice when your kids can join you. My daughter has no interest in guns, but my son does. Sadly, he's now moved down to Virginia, but its only 4 hours away!

(Dauphin County)

Steve my Ex wife was left eye dominant also but what was more difficult was that though she is left handed she did everything sports related right handed, took me about 20 rounds to figure out what she was doing,

when she couldn't hit a silouette target at 15 yards. finally saw sh ewas aiming with her left eye and shooting right handed, took her another 20 rounds to get use to it, but then she was shooting very well ..
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !