Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default An alarming end... 2008

OK so I wanted to add a little drama in the thread title... But it is about alarm systems, so listen up if you have one.

The 3 times a year there are the most robberies and fires are...
    1. Thanks giving
    2. Christmas
    3. New Years Eve...
    What a way to close the old year…

I’ll be working tonight, up till 10:30 of course, but this is not exceptional, what is, is my wife who works 7 to 4 was asked if she wanted to volunteer and work over time till 11 tonight sitting in the Central station with me…

True love as it is, she is considering it even if she knows her work load will go up about 600%

She would be one of very few, possibly alone to do the work of 15 people. As every one leaves to go home at 6pm, she is considering working mainly to say she was with me till the end of the year…

Anyways, All you people out there who have alarm systems, mainly if you are a customer of the company I work for ( no really, All of you) , keep the fires at bay, we all know its fun to eat and party, but we also know this is one of the nights where there will be many fires… Regardless of what you think, firemen prefer their food not burnt! And most of all, they prefer to not have to visit you to put out the fires.

To all the people traveling tonight, remember to double check your homes. I can’t say how many times we call the police to a home and get a report back that the door was left open and unlocked or worst, the keys are in the lock!!! Get there safe, but leave the home safe also.

And to all the thieves out there, (I don’t expect any of the members here to be) if you happen to be reading this… I will be working tonight, I will not be drinking (not that this is a big change in my life) and I will definitely be on the watch for you.

To all of you who have wireless alarm systems, this is a good time to remember to change your 3v Lithium 123 batteries… Yeah I know I know, you just changed them errr Last year or the year before…

They should last about 14 to 16 months, but the New Year is a good time to remember seeing you don’t remember when you last changed them… It’s probably time, You should actually change them before you need to, so 12/14 months is a good time, and remember, as in any electronic device, when removing batteries, leave them out of the device for 10 minutes before the new ones go in, this allows the energy stored in the electronics to fade and the device will look for the new information from the system and register “Wowzer, I got new batteries!”
    PS many pharmacies will take your old batteries back for disposal.

Make your system happy. Keep your homes safe and most of all have a happy new year.
    Your friends from the alarm central
    Frenchy.

Oh and by the way, if you are tired of buying Lithium 3V 123 at $7.95 a pop, try this place.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sf-12-123a.html

Now you get an extra week to change the batteries as they need a week to ship, How is that for a deal.. 12 Batteries for just $21.00
    Last edited by Frenchy; December 31st, 2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added battery link
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Pike County)

Default Re: An alarming end... 2008

I did my 9volts on the time change. My Mother set off the kitchen smoke alarm this morning, with a burn piece of toast! Not monitored, just local.