Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Turning the corner?

About two weeks ago, I received a new Sportsman Guide catalogue, which included near the back page, a listing for Remington Golden Saber in .40 and .45, bonded ammo (if actually bonded, it's hard to come by). Wasn't too long ago that any similar listing would have been sold out by the time the magazine graced my mailbox. In fact, an internet search would have turned up very little .40 S&W ammo at all worth owning. I decided to check and see if it's still in stock tonight and, low and behold, I was able to place an order for five boxes without issue! The price, while still higher than acceptable, IMO, was not too far out of the park at $18.79 + shipping for 25 rounds. Last I bought online was about 5 years ago at $15 per box.

I know it's not an imperical barometer, but have we finally begun to saturate the market? Have people actually begun to fatigue about buying ammo?

What say you?

Default Re: Turning the corner?

Slowly but surely the market is stabilizing.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Either I'm richer now than I was a year or so ago or prices are coming down.

I get ammoman.com emails now every week or so announcing lower prices or sales on ammo.

I have purchased less than 10 boxes of ammo since the great scare. My store of ammo is depleted, but now that the prices are coming down, I will buy again.

Supply and demand works. I think over the last year or so, too many people were hoarding. I know of some with lots of excess cash that bought huge amounts of ammo on weekly road trips. This type of buying really hurt the cause.

I look forward to 7.62x39 at less than $200/1000
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Delaware County)

Hopefully .22cal ammo will start showing up again in this decade.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(York County)

As an aside to the post, I received my ammo today, and as I suspected, it is not bonded. Just the same Golden Saber I've been shooting for many years. Still a decent price, so no issues. I noticed when I clicked on the ad, they no longer mention bonded, so someone beat me to it.

(Philadelphia County)

It'll be over when .22lr is as available and reasonably priced as it was before this whole Sandy Hook mess. I miss the days when I could shoot a brick of .22lr and then either immediately replace what I shot for less than $20 or buy it later without worrying aboput availability. Over the last 2 years, I've seen bricks go from less than $20 to $35 to $50 to close to $70! Sometimes I still see bricks priced at $90 or more! CCI Minimag is as scarce as hen's teeth these days. I recall a time not so long ago, I could buy a couple 100-round boxes for less than $20 and not worry about never seeing it again.