Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning Shots

(Beaver County)

Default Warning Shots

As most of you have been surely seeing in the headlines, there has been an increase in people following "Uncle Joe's" advice of "stepping out on your balcony and just firing a warning shot in the air." In most, if not all cases, this is considered illegal by, at the very minimum, a local ordinance and will get you arrested.

So here's where my question lies for our legal experts here:

Uncle Joe, being the numbskull that he is, got in front of a large group of people and cameras and told them that the safest thing for them to do is to get a double-barrel shotgun and fire a warning shot in the air to scare of potential intruders. As the Vice President of the United States, he is obviously in a position of power and influence as some people just don't seem to realize how much of a dimwit he is. Some people, especially in this day and age, may even be inclined to believe in their ignorance that, because he is the Vice President of the whole United States, he OBVIOUSLY knows every single law in the country (I honestly believe some people today really are that dumb...). In giving this advice, he not only put the homeowner at risk, but also everyone else around them within range of the projectile(s). At what point can a person claim that they were following the advice of Uncle Joe and he be held accountable for putting others at risk by giving dangerous and illegal advice from his position of influence?

We all know that official oppression, the act of using a position of power to prevent someone from exercising a right or privilege, is illegal. Is there a legal equivalent of using your position of power to get people to act in a dangerous or unlawful manner; some sort of gross negligence or something like that?
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Warning Shots

I don't do warning shots. Not a good idea.

Another Man Arrested for Following Joe Biden’s Advice and Firing Warning Shot with Shotgun

http://gunsnfreedom.com/another-man-...-with-shotgun/
    MikeP

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    I don't do warning shots. Not a good idea.

Another Man Arrested for Following Joe Biden’s Advice and Firing Warning Shot with Shotgun

http://gunsnfreedom.com/another-man-...-with-shotgun/
    Nor would I or any other gun owner with a lick of sense in their head. And that article is the one that got me to pose this question as it seems that these instances are popping up more and more ever since Uncle Joe took to the podium with his insightful words of wisdom...
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Bucks County)

Ammo is too pricey & scarce to waste it on warning shots
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Is there a legal equivalent of using your position of power to get people to act in a dangerous or unlawful manner; some sort of gross negligence or something like that?
    Entrapment?

(Allegheny County)

I always aim my warning shot at the center of mass if a primary antagonist.

If I hit my target, it serves as a warning to any secondary antagonists that may be observing the situation.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I always aim my warning shot at the center of mass if a primary antagonist.

If I hit my target, it serves as a warning to any secondary antagonists that may be observing the situation.
    Yep. Think of self defense as an accelerated version of "Hearts and minds"...

...put one or two in/near the heart of assailant "A", and it might change the minds of other assailants with him.

Warning shots come from those who hesitate.

And the stupids.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Philadelphia County)

I’ll play devil’s advocate here,

And I’m not saying that I advocate warning shots or think they make sense, but could the fact that they were specifically recommended by the Vice President be used as a legal defense of their use?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I’ll play devil’s advocate here,

And I’m not saying that I advocate warning shots or think they make sense, but could the fact that they were specifically recommended by the Vice President be used as a legal defense of their use?
    Absolutely! After all, he only flunked the Delaware Bar Exam 13 f--king times! Following ANY of his advice on anything is questionable. I just hope Obama doesn't get assassinated before his reign is up, because it'd make Biden Leader of the Free World.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I just hope Obama doesn't get assassinated before his reign is up, because it'd make Biden Leader of the Free World.
    I'd rather have someone stupid and haphazard than deliberately evil and skilled at it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast