Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Send my trust in with form 1?

I created a trust and have had it notarized but have not yet submitted it. I just completed filling out the form 1 with my trust info. Can I send the copy of my trust to WV with my form 1 or do i need to send that in first and separately to somewhere else?

Also, it looks like it's recommended to make a copy of my form 1 and to keep my original notarized trust doc correct?

And maybe I should have asked this first, I registered with the ATF online, can I just scan in my form 1 to efile? (After I submit the trust)

This is for making an sbr. I have yet to engrave the lower because I wanted to make sure my trust name is approved.
    as an example of how I named my trust "I. Lastname Trust".
    I figured making my official trust name like that would mean I am not abbreviating the trust when engraving the name with first initial.

Thanks for any help or clarification.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Snyder County)

When you file the Form 1, you send in a copy of your Declaration of Trust as well as the Trust itself. Basically, send in the whole thing with the Form 1.

If you eFile, you'll have to attach a PDF copy of your trust.

As far as engraving, engrave your Trust name, town, and state.

You can call your trust whatever you want. You can call it "In God We Trust" or "I Have Shingles Trust". To my knowledge, you can't abbreviate when you engrave.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Send my trust in with form 1?

Thanks.
    The engraving wouldn't be an abbreviation because the trust is an abbreviation...

(Snyder County)

Sorry I didn't answer your question completely. It's hard to concentrate with the kids running around. Ha!

Anyway, to elaborate a little more: I'm not sure how eForms works for non-dealers, but I believe you don't have to scan your Form 1 or anything. I think for you it's just fill in the boxes on the eForms website and then at the end it asks you to upload a copy of your Trust (usually in PDF format). I'd give eForms a try. It'll knock off about three months off of your wait time.

After your Form 1 is approved and sent to you, I definitely recommend you make a copy of it and carry the copy with you instead of the original. Stick the original in a safe or safe deposit box. You definitely don't want to lose that thing! You don't have to carry a copy of the Trust with you. Some people recommend it since the Form 1 is in the name of the Trust and not your actual name.

And yes, if you name your Trust "I. Lastname Trust" then you engrave "I. Lastname Trust". If you name your Trust "Firstname Lastname Trust", you cannot engrave "F. Lastname Trust". It must be the exact name of the Trust.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shademtarmory View Post
    Sorry I didn't answer your question completely. It's hard to concentrate with the kids running around. Ha!

Anyway, to elaborate a little more: I'm not sure how eForms works for non-dealers, but I believe you don't have to scan your Form 1 or anything. I think for you it's just fill in the boxes on the eForms website and then at the end it asks you to upload a copy of your Trust (usually in PDF format). I'd give eForms a try. It'll knock off about three months off of your wait time.

After your Form 1 is approved and sent to you, I definitely recommend you make a copy of it and carry the copy with you instead of the original. Stick the original in a safe or safe deposit box. You definitely don't want to lose that thing! You don't have to carry a copy of the Trust with you. Some people recommend it since the Form 1 is in the name of the Trust and not your actual name.

And yes, if you name your Trust "I. Lastname Trust" then you engrave "I. Lastname Trust". If you name your Trust "Firstname Lastname Trust", you cannot engrave "F. Lastname Trust". It must be the exact name of the Trust.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the help!