Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Podcasts

(Bucks County)

Default Gun Podcasts

Anyone else here a fan of gun podcasts?

My favorites lately are Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Podcast, and Michael Banes Down Range Radio Podcast.

I like listening on the way to work in the morning instead of the usual radio noise.

Anyone else have any favorites worth checking out?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Gun Podcasts

I like Proarms and Gunfighter casts.

(Berks County)

I can't stand the constant commercials and the same songs played over and over on typical radio stations. I have a head unit in my car that plays data discs, so I burn podcasts to CDs and listen to them instead of the radio. 700MB worth of podcasts generally lasts me about 2 weeks (I have a short commute).

I listen to a handful of podcasts on the Gun Rights Radio Network. The podcasts listed below are the ones I listen to most frequently.

ProArms:
    ProArms is the podcasting arm of MAG (Massad Ayoob Group), or so it seems. Shows typically consist of interviews done while the group is traveling. In my opinion, the most interesting stuff involves Massad Ayoob conducting interviews. The show is generally hosted by Gail Pepin and John (I think the co-host is named John, the last episode I listened to was a few weeks ago).

Gunfighter Cast:
    Gunfighter Cast is the project of an active duty Marine stationed in Okinawa. The shows focuses primarily on training but there are interviews and such mixed in. The show is hosted by Daniel and John (John is a new addition to the show. I've only listened to the first episode that he co-hosted and thought it was pretty good).

The Gun Dudes:
    The Gun Dudes is a weekly general firearms podcast hosted by four guys (Carl, Tom, Stan, and Travis). In addition to news and gun topics, the guys mix in a lot of comedic relief.

The Powerfactor Show:
    The Powerfactor Show is focused on competitive shooting. It is hosted by Steve, Rick, and Caleb (Caleb was on an earlier season of Top Shot). Topics vary quite a bit. For instance, the last couple of shows were an introduction to the shotgun sports. Before that they discussed IDPA rule revisions.

Roadgunner:
    The Roadgunner podcast is hosted by an over the road trucker. Episodes are recorded in the truck and cover a lot of gun law (he has to stay well versed in gun law because he travels from state to state). After talking about a particular states laws, he moves on to move general firearms discussion.

Handgun World Show:
    The Handgun World Show is hosted by Bob Mayne. I'm pretty new to this show (I think I've listened to less than 10 at this point) and the focus seems to be a mix of training and IDPA shooting.

Shooting The Breeze:
    This is my podcast and a shameless plug. I try to keep a general firearms feel and cover news, interesting info I've found on the web, and usually an off-the-cuff discussion topic.

(Bucks County)

Thats a good list wwhite72082. I have listened to several of those mentioned.

There are more on the itunes store (free) incase you have not seen them.