Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Recoil Pads (Left Sholder) For A Girl...

My girlfriend almost cried last time she fired 1 shot from her hip with my WASR, and so obviously she's terrified of recoil.

I'm not even going to get into what she does, because of her fear from the loud noise even with protection.

Anyway she's interested in trying recoil shoulder pads, and obviously they should work, but I don't know where to get them for a decent buck, because every store seems to sell them at a high price of around 40 bucks, so does anyone know where they're cheaper?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Recoil Pads (Left Sholder) For A Girl...

Try amazon.com. I looked around for myself and they have the cheapest price from my search. I just purchased the PAST Recoil Protection Ambidextrous Recoil Pad Magnum Plus from them. They list price as around $23.

Added 19 June 2009: amazon.com has the Past Super Mag Plus Recoil Shield, Amb for around $31. I corrected my error in stating that the Mag Plus model offers the greatest protection. The Super Mag Plus gives the best protection.
    Last edited by LisaA; June 19th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.

JOC, of both noise and recoil are bothering her, have you considered getting her a .22 rifle, at least until she is more used to shooting?
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Allegheny County)

I have had back luck finding a girl who enjoys shooting anything more than a .22. I think its more to do with the noise and perceived recoil than anything else. Make sure she is using correct forum and holding the rifle tight, and maybe make her wear ear plugs and phones.

Oh well, .22's make for a cheap date

I'm gonna recommend the same thing, that you need to get her to fire a .22 and don't push too heavily for her to shoot other calibers. If she's worried about the noise, it might help to "double muff"; meaning have her put in ear plugs and then put on ear muffs. It can help quite a bit sometimes. Either way, I think that you're gonna have a hard time getting her to not be sensitive to recoil, especially if she's so afraid. If you press too hard, I don't think it's gonna work out well.