Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Full Sized 1911 IWB: Supertuck or.....?

Hey Guys,
    I am about to try to start carry a full sized 1911 w/rail (Kimber Warrior) IWB. I am a huge Crossbreed fan, have one for my other carry gun (G30) and love it. I am just looking for any other suggestions you guys might have or opinions on the Supertuck w/ a 1911. I am thinking I should just stick with what I know. Thanks!

PS- Incidentally, has anyone tried the Galco Triton or N3? They both look pretty interesting and are available for a railed 1911.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3749&GunID=316
    ^^N3

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3902&GunID=316
    ^^Triton
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Full Sized 1911 IWB: Supertuck or.....?

i'm gonna be watching this thread; i'd like to get a good quality IWB for my 1911, too.

i did inquire about the N3. some people i know discouraged me from getting it; it only has one belt loop, and isn't as stable as a holster with two. the gun can shift in the waistband, altering the way you need to draw. i tried on one, and saw that they were correct.

i'm thinking about investing in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (http://www.miltsparks.com/); i've never heard a bad thing about them, and i've tried one on before. they cost a bit more than others, but they're probably worth it. i normally OC, but i do want at least one good CC holster, and this looks to be it.
    Last edited by jahwarrior72; December 29th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Full Sized 1911 IWB: Supertuck or.....?

I've been very happy with Sidearmor. They make excellent products. I CC with their holsters, and they fit perfectly. See if you like them too!
    HERE is a link to their IWB holster for 1911's, and you can pick the railed option in a drop down menu.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'm gonna be watching this thread; i'd like to get a good quality IWB for my 1911, too.

i did inquire about the N3. some people i know discouraged me from getting it; it only has one belt loop, and isn't as stable as a holster with two. the gun can shift in the waistband, altering the way you need to draw. i tried on one, and saw that they were correct.

i'm thinking about investing in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (http://www.miltsparks.com/); i've never heard a bad thing about them, and i've tried one on before. they cost a bit more than others, but they're probably worth it. i normally OC, but i do want at least one good CC holster, and this looks to be it.
    Cool, I'll be interested to find out what people have to say. Have you ever tried a Supertuck? Like I said, unless I am strongly discouraged I have no problems going with this one. I HATED carrying IWB for the longest time and went through probably 20 of the "big sellers" and hated them all. I tried Crossbreed and havent looked back. I carry a Glock 30 10-12hrs/day and most times forget its there. It never moves and tension is totally adjustable (heat kydex at trigger guard with lighter, press in thumb, boom, better retention). I am basically just seeing if anyone has anything bad to say about the Supertuck/1911 combo, but I don't see how. Plus,as opposed to VersaMaxx, mine are usually delivered within a week. Check one out!

I'm inlove w/ my purekustom, they are pricey but the quality and fact they are also OWB makes it more than worth it to me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69...g?t=1262112721

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-holsters.html

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I'm inlove w/ my purekustom, they are pricey but the quality and fact they are also OWB makes it more than worth it to me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69...g?t=1262112721

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-holsters.html
    Wow, I'm impressed! Plus, its no small thing that the guy sponsors our board, thats pretty awesome. I think I'll give him a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed! Plus, its no small thing that the guy sponsors our board, thats pretty awesome. I think I'll give him a try!
    I'd highly recommend it, he's a great guy to deal with and quick quick quick when compared to other custom holster makers. I've also got one for my sig p226, both carry like a dream. I never would have thought it was possible to carry a full size gun as comfortably as I can but with his rigs its possible.

Call him when you've got a few minutes to spare, he is a talker! But in a good way, you won't get bored in any of his convos.

(Delaware County)

I'd highly recommend it, he's a great guy to deal with and quick quick quick when compared to other custom holster makers. I've also got one for my sig p226, both carry like a dream. I never would have thought it was possible to carry a full size gun as comfortably as I can but with his rigs its possible.

Call him when you've got a few minutes to spare, he is a talker! But in a good way, you won't get bored in any of his convos.
    I just emailed him to see if he makes leather for my gun (its not listed) but I will call him too. What was the wait time like for you?

PS- The 'Black Ops Pro' looks badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    I just emailed him to see if he makes leather for my gun (its not listed) but I will call him too. What was the wait time like for you?

PS- The 'Black Ops Pro' looks badass.
    I went with the black ops pro for my 226, I don't carry tucked in IWB very often because thats not an easy draw but I figured they'd be nice to have around and are interchangeable between both of my holsters.

He should beable to get ya one made up, NOONE makes a factory leather holster for that full length operator and he got me one made up no problem. It took about 2-3weeks, but that was before the article was done about him in american rifleman and I know that increased his business a bit so I can't say for sure. He's usually pretty good with telling you how long things will be though.

(Delaware County)

It took about 2-3weeks, but that was before the article was done about him in american rifleman and I know that increased his business a bit so I can't say for sure. He's usually pretty good with telling you how long things will be though.
    That may be an understatement! His website says they are processing orders from September!! Oh well, maybe I'll order and just pick up something cheap to hold me over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast