Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Medicos are still at it. Questionaire, family health, guns in house? YES NO

Patient Portal, cardiology. Filled it out tonight (online, part of patient portal). Don't trust these things. Probably can be easily hacked. But getting older has picked up the pace/frequency of services, so went along with the program.

Question, kind of a surprise and a bit out of context, was listed. I skipped it. It allowed the skip. I was annoyed, but they may not even realize the question is in there because they have a sign on the check-in wall asking for patience while they work with their new computer program. I guess it came from CDC or has AMA/CDC blessing.

Started to write through the portal regarding it, but asks that medical questions only be submitted via the portal.

(York County)

Default Re: Medicos are still at it. Questionaire, family health, guns in house? YES NO

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Patient Portal, cardiology. Filled it out tonight (online, part of patient portal). Don't trust these things. Probably can be easily hacked. But getting older has picked up the pace/frequency of services, so went along with the program.

Question, kind of a surprise and a bit out of context, was listed. I skipped it. It allowed the skip. I was annoyed, but they may not even realize the question is in there because they have a sign on the check-in wall asking for patience while they work with their new computer program. I guess it came from CDC or has AMA/CDC blessing.

Started to write through the portal regarding it, but asks that medical questions only be submitted via the portal.
    Then only medical questions should be asked on the questionnaire. My "medical" question would be, how is the question about guns relevant to my healthcare?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Medicos are still at it. Questionaire, family health, guns in house? YES NO

I'm at the point where I believe that lying is ok. If you leave it blank or question why it's on there then they'll check "yes" themselves. If you just check "no" and leave it at that then they're none the wiser.

(Montgomery County)

The last time I was asked this was at my son's pediatrician. I pressed them on why such a question was there, and their reply was "just to remind you that if you do have guns, to store them with some sort of lock, so your son can't get it."

I can almost understand that... but I've also been asked at all of my adult doctors too.

(Philadelphia County)

"Their reply was "just to remind you that if you do have guns, to store them with some sort of lock, so your son can't get it."

I'd have answered, "D-uh, gee, Doc! Don't you believe I'd have already done that?"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Then only medical questions should be asked on the questionnaire. My "medical" question would be, how is the question about guns relevant to my healthcare?
    well, if you shot yourself with it....

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    I'm at the point where I believe that lying is ok. If you leave it blank or question why it's on there then they'll check "yes" themselves. If you just check "no" and leave it at that then they're none the wiser.
    If you interpret the question as to "are there any guns in the house we need to know about for health reasons?...then the answer is NO.

Since it's a medical form, it's perfect fine to answer the questions as they relate to your health. The guns aren't affecting my health, so you don't need to know about them.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    If you interpret the question as to "are there any guns in the house we need to know about for health reasons?...then the answer is NO.

Since it's a medical form, it's perfect fine to answer the questions as they relate to your health. The guns aren't affecting my health, so you don't need to know about them.

But long term exposure to lead dust can cause significant health issues, they probably want to warn you about that and possibly have you tested for lead exposure.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The last time I was asked this was at my son's pediatrician. I pressed them on why such a question was there, and their reply was "just to remind you that if you do have guns, to store them with some sort of lock, so your son can't get it."

I can almost understand that... but I've also been asked at all of my adult doctors too.
    Ask the doctor if they have all cleaning chemicals, aspirin, scissors, Nyquil and alcohol locked in THEIR home....because they've hurt more children than guns have.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Blair County)

Cool Re: Medicos are still at it. Questionaire, family health, guns in house? YES NO

i think i have heard medical malpractice i in that category too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast