Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Apparently someone shot up the a power station in California...

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ttack.cnn.html

So according to the video they just so happened to "think" the person used high powered ammunition from a "military style assault" rifle...

It could have been from a .22 for all we know with the information they provided.

Here is a better article I could find on this story.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-vulnerability

In other words they have no idea who did it, and why they did it, and this apparently happened last April.
    Last edited by Kabloosh; February 7th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Default Re: Apparently someone shot up the a power station in California...

Those sparks were from waxmans military style nose.

(Bucks County)

video said they found shell casings from a high power assault rifle.

May have been a terrorist cell seeing if it was a viable way to disrupt things (my thoughts)

don't think .22 lead would make those sparks....looks like steel core or jacket

(Lancaster County)

I think this is the fourth time this has been posted here too.

Here's one, I know there's others..

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/24...ght=substation

But this is interesting: http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/19...ght=substation
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    video said they found shell casings from a high power assault rifle.

May have been a terrorist cell seeing if it was a viable way to disrupt things (my thoughts)

don't think .22 lead would make those sparks....looks like steel core or jacket
    Well the article does mentions it was well thought out so it is most definitely not your random rednecks trolling all the nerds down in Silicone Valley.

I doubt these people would buy an Ar-15 or even an AK to commit such a crime. I'd think they would use even more powerful rifles. One that comes to mind is a Mosin Nagant.

They are cheap, you can get steel core ammo for it, and it has range. You could also use other bolt actions to accomplish this as well. Silly to see how especially those talking in the video feel the need to use the standard gun control talk like this incident supports their agenda.

(York County)

"Unprecedented and sophisticated attack"? What a dick.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Silly to see how especially those talking in the video feel the need to use the standard gun control talk like this incident supports their agenda.
    I'll say! Fookin fundamental orifices

(Bucks County)

Snipers Coordinated an Attack on the Power Grid, but Why?
    A story seemingly stolen from the pages of a crime thriller, but far less comprehensible.
    ALEXIS C. MADRIGALFEB 5 2014, 11:49 AM ET

inShare
    More

The location of PG&E's Metcalf Transmission Substation is marked with "A" (Google)
    Last April, unknown attackers shot up 17 transformers at a California substation in what the then-chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Jon Wellinghoff called "the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred" in this country.

Though news reports about the incident at the Metcalf transmission facility came out in April, The Wall Street Journal just pieced together the larger story of the attack together from regulatory filings and outside reporting.

Various power-grid facilities are vandalized or damaged regularly, but the details of this particular attack are startling.

Before the attackers opened fire on the transformers, fiber optic lines running nearby were cut.

Whoever executed the maneuver knew where to shoot the transformers. They aimed at the oil-cooling systems, causing them to leak oil and eventually overheat. By the time that happened, the attackers were long gone.

Wellinghoff toured the site with Navy Seals, according to the Journal, and they were convinced that it was a professional job. Several people in the Journal story join Wellinghoff in talking up the physical (not cyber) threats to the grid's stability.

Despite the great reporting in the WSJ story, the central question remains unresolved: Why did this attack occur? What did they want?

There are something like 1,500 substations just in the regional utility PG&E's network. Why this one? What makes Metcalf special? It's not especially remote. In fact, there is a housing development less than 500 feet away. (And how did those people not hear 100 rounds being fired?)

The Metcalf facility sends power into San Jose/Silicon Valley. But it sounds as though the grid operators were able to route power around the damage in the grid fairly easily.

Without being too Pynchonian about the whole thing, I find myself asking: What would an attack like this allow someone to do somewhere else? What else was going on in the wee hours of April 16, 2013?

(Cumberland County)

When they say professional, and the guys knew what they were doing makes me think yeah... potential terrorists testing to see what they can do.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    When they say professional, and the guys knew what they were doing makes me think yeah... potential terrorists testing to see what they can do.
    I say the government to get the sheeples riled up so that they would welcome the NSA to snoop and get the "terrorists."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast