Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Post Classifieds rule to not list items above MSRP

Suggestion was essentially not to post prices when they are far above MSRP and have them PM you for a price. This was pointed out to be against the classified rules. I do not care what you want to sell your stuff for. Personally at this time I see the concern of a possible pending ban, so sell on. Hope this clarifies for those of you who have misinterpreted the meaning. Feel free to spout off as you have been about how I want an AK or panhead for little money, personally I think they are both poorly constructed junk, so your not far off.
    Last edited by jasonml519; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: clarity

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Classifieds rule to not list items above MSRP

I'll ignore the meat of your post since it will never happen, but I have to ask - did you report the alleged posting of suggested illegal activity?

That kind of stuff is not taken lightly.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

IF I read it correctly, the 33-rd mag sale would not have been illegal.

MD has it's restrictions for mags over 20-rounds, but a MD resident is free to travel outside the state, purchase, and return to MD with mags higher than 20-round.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Erie County)

I did not report at the time, if I come across it or others like it again I will. Also, ignoring the meat of the post is fine, I would doubt it would matter anyways, that is until someone begins citing it for reference or legislation bans all sales anyways. Just a suggestion to keep the PAFOA name out of the mud some.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll ignore the meat of your post since it will never happen, but I have to ask - did you report the alleged posting of suggested illegal activity?

That kind of stuff is not taken lightly.
    I think the OP may be projecting. I'm unclear of the actual law, but I suspect it may be illegal to "sell" high capacity magazines in MD, but perhaps not illegal for residents to own or possess those same magazines. If this is true, a PA seller may be willing to meet a MD buyer, "just over the line", in PA, to complete the transaction. If they are illegal to possess in MD as well, I don't see how the seller is committing a crime by selling the magazine in PA. The "MD resident" may well have property and/or residence here or elsewhere where he can legally possess the magazine. If not, the buyer commits the crime, not the seller.

If you ARE going to report illegal activity (which you should), please make sure you actually know what you're talking about first.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Less Government. we don't need no steenkin regulations. I understand it's stomach turning at times, but it's a market. Voluntary transaction between buyer and seller. I predict prices will go up, and down, and vice versa, for eternity. I'm just glad we still have a market.

(Erie County)

I stand corrected on the Maryland loophole.

(Lancaster County)

I don't think doctors should be allowed to charge anything over exactly what it costs them to do the job. Someone needs to step in and control that.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I think the OP may be projecting. I'm unclear of the actual law, but I suspect it may be illegal to "sell" high capacity magazines in MD, but perhaps not illegal for residents to own or possess those same magazines. If this is true, a PA seller may be willing to meet a MD buyer, "just over the line", in PA, to complete the transaction. If they are illegal to possess in MD as well, I don't see how the seller is committing a crime by selling the magazine in PA. The "MD resident" may well have property and/or residence here or elsewhere where he can legally possess the magazine. If not, the buyer commits the crime, not the seller.

If you ARE going to report illegal activity (which you should), please make sure you actually know what you're talking about first.

Yes, over-20 mags are legal to possess in MD. The law is that they can't be bought or sold IN Maryland, and they can't be shipped TO Maryland. A MD resident CAN purchase over-20 mags elsewhere and travel back to Maryland with them, perfectly legal. It's one of the reasons Freedom Armory and The Gun Bunker are so successful, as they are close to the MD line and attract a lot of business from there.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonml519 View Post
    I stand corrected on the Maryland loophole.

Just for shits n giggles, it is not a loophole, Maryland law is written fairly clearly.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast