Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Columbia County)

Default Got my Dillon XL 650 in the mail!!!

Well, I finally got my new Dillon XL 650 press in the mail yesterday. It came in around 11am, but I didn't get to start setting it up until fairly late last night because I had an exam to study for... the anticipation was killing me (and my concentration ). I haven't gotten to do any loading on it yet. I actually had to tear apart my bench and rebuild it a little so the press would fit. I underestimated just how damn big the press is (I have the automatic casefeeder, which is what is really taking up all the room). I am definitely impressed by the quality so far. I have it mounted and the dies in. I'll post pics once I get it up and running and get the mess cleaned up.

Default Re: Got my Dillon XL 650 in the mail!!!

I sure you will be pleased with it. Dillion is one of the best on the market. I don't own one but some of my friends do and they swear by them. Good luck,
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Got my Dillon XL 650 in the mail!!!

I can't believe I didn't get a progressive sooner. I just loaded 300 rounds in about a forty five minutes. That's not bad considering it was my first time with this press, I had to make adjustments and such, and didn't have my primer tubes filled (I planned on only making about 50). Previously, I was making about 50 rounds per hour on my turret press. I thought that 800 rounds per hour was pretty far-fetched when I bought it, but now I can see how that is possible. Well, I gotta quit playing around with my new toy and get some sleep!