Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Pistols

Default Ruger Pistols

Im new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been asked already. Why do a lot people look down thier noses at Rugers ? I really like thier pistol line. Are there any happy Ruger owners out there? I have a P95 and I like it, Its finicky about ammo but other wise seems reliable.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ruger Pistols

There is nothing wrong with rugers. There just happens to be other stuff out there. I have two p89s I don't carry them because my Kimber fits my hand better.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(York County)

I'm not sure I am aware of these type of people you speak of. Granted anytime you have similar products being produced by a number of manufacturers, you are going to have people that prefer one brand over another for their own reasons. I own many thing produced by Ruger and many people including myself speak favorably of them. You would have to elaborate on what you are exactly referring to. The company in general, a line they put out, a certain pistol/rifle?

Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot here.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Huntingdon County)

People look down their noses at Rugers?
    Once you get past the Glock lovers, there are a lot of Ruger fans out there.
    I grew up with mostly just Rugers in the house - my dad's favorite brand.
    Once i started getting pistols on my own, I always have found myself coming back to Rugers. They have always worked for me and worked for my dad, and that is enough to make me a huge fan.

I have a mid run P89 that I like . It fits my hand and has run everything that I have put down it (although not a lot). I bought it new and I am gearing it up to start running IDPA with . I am being told that this will be a good pistol to start w/. If I become better then the gun that is when I will move up.

Thanks for the responses guys. I already said I like my Ruger just sometimes at the range I get remarks about them being too heavy or too unbalanced. I only have one Ruger but have owned several actually 2 ruger 44s but my wrist cant take the big caliber due to injury and I can actually carry the P95. Any way some people say" there OK but they no Glock" things of that nature. Im happy I found some Ruger fans out there.

(Lebanon County)

I have a P95 and a LCP. Love them both. I know what you mean about people making remarks when you are at the range. I have experienced this as well. I have never had a jam in a ruger unlike some other brands....*cough* *cough* *glock* *cough*

Ruger 22 automatics are popular target and plinking guns, the Mark II & Mark III are the de facto plinking pistols. The Single Six revolvers also have a strong following.

Ruger double action revolvers (GP-100 and later in particular) are excellent. The crane locks in the front and the back. S&W and Colt use a single lock point on their cranes.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Carbon County)

I have a P94 and have put a large #of rounds through it. Only time I ever had a failure was with undercharged reloads at a range( not strong enough to cycle the slide fully). Other Than that no issues ever. I also own a Glock which I carry daily and have never had an issue with that either. To me brand really only has a small bearing on what I buy, function and reliability are the keys. I own a S&W, KelTec, Ruger, Glock, and as soon as it comes in a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911.

(York County)

Not sure why the OP's p95 is ammo picky, mine eats whatever I feed it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast