Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun value

(Jefferson County)

Default Gun value

Where could I get a honest and accurate value for a couple of handguns that I'd like to sell? Could I just go to a gun shop or will they low ball me?

Default Re: Gun value

Quote Originally Posted by eyegore View Post
    Where could I get a honest and accurate value for a couple of handguns that I'd like to sell? Could I just go to a gun shop or will they low ball me?
    depends, but generally you will get less selling to a shop than yo would in private sale. There are books of gun values that may be worth your time to look at.

(Luzerne County)

What are they? Someone here will have an idea of their value.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Centre County)

Gun shops will typically give you less for outright sale. If trading in on a gun from the shop they will give you more usually.

You can post them and some here will do a little research for you. If you do this, we don't necessarily need the s/n but we do need a full and complete description to get you the best answer.

There are several gun value books out there that are typically used. The blue Book of Gun Values, Flaydermans, The Standard Catalog of Firearms and several others. Most are available either on-line of at your local bookstore (they would probably have to order it).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lawrence County)

Look them up on gunbroker.com, that is what they are really worth.

(Jefferson County)

I looked in a gun book from 2000 so prices are about 8 yrs old. I have a Glock 27, listing in 2000 for $616. I believe that is a bit high from what I see them going for on this site. The other is a Beretta 92FS. Stainless with checkered wood grips, 15 shot. Less than 500 rnds. Like new. The 2000 book listed a 10 shot for about $730. I also have 3 Megar clips for the Beretta for a total of 5. The Glock has 3 mags. These may go up for sale in the near future but I want to make sure that I don't under sell them, especially the Beretta.

(Centre County)

My 208 Blue Book of Gun Values shows the Glock 27 in 100% condition to be worth $475 in 95% condition about $395. You can then add some more for the extra mags.

The Beretta in 100% is about $520, at 95% about $445 and then add for the extra mags.

Without seeing the guns to determine their condition it is pretty hard to assign a price to them. Also, in these uncertain times the value may be a bit higher.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Perry County)

I agree with the Gunbroker answer. That will tell you up to the minute what prices guns are bringing. The books have to be compiled, printed, shipped and then sold. The information is already getting stale by the time you buy one.

(Jefferson County)

Figured the Glock was to be in the 4 to 5 range. Beretta is somewhat disappointing though. Paid 650, (can't remember when). Hoping it would at least be closer to the original price. Can't seem to find any like mine on Gunbroker. I'll try to post a pic or 2 of it. Not a gun that I need to sell. Haven't shot it in years but I'm looking at putting a top on the boat so this would pretty much take care of that. Thanks for the replys!

(Luzerne County)

anoterh place to try is AUCTIONARMS.COM... they usuallly have a large selection of guns, and you can compare prices there.....

GOOD LUCK