Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Pro gun support at Starbucks on Feb.14th

I reallize I'm most likely out of the loop as usual but I got a message on fb today about the anti-gun group upcoming boycott of Starbucks starting Feb 14th due to their policy regarding gun carry in their shops . I personally don't care for Starbucks ,but will be doing my part in supporting their standing firm on their policy by stopping in and picking up some gift cards to give away .

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pro gun support at Starbucks on Feb.14th

Quote Originally Posted by daBull View Post
    I reallize I'm most likely out of the loop as usual but I got a message on fb today about the anti-gun group upcoming boycott of Starbucks starting Feb 14th due to their policy regarding gun carry in their shops . I personally don't care for Starbucks ,but will be doing my part in supporting their standing firm on their policy by stopping in and picking up some gift cards to give away .
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/16...tines-day.html

There is a thread in the lounge. I think it should be temp sticky wherever it will get the most views until the 14th.

(York County)

There is also a thread in the "Events" section about getting together at a Starbucks in Allentown.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Don't forget your $2 bills.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Butler County)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Don't forget your $2 bills.
    This went zzzooooommmmm right over my head. Clarify in small words?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    This went zzzooooommmmm right over my head. Clarify in small words?
    Several pro 2nd-amendment groups and websites are promoting the idea of spending $2 bills at Starbucks on Feb 13, 14, and 15 to emphasize thanks for their 2A-friendly (basically neutral) position. See http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...p-jar-or-till/. The $2 bill is to emphasize that the purchase is related to their willingness to allow OCers in.

I figured it would be fun to spend a few Jeffersons anyway so I tried to get some at my local branch the other day and they had none, but told me they would have some in by Tuesday. I didn't say what the reason was (just said I thought it would be fun, which is true), but the teller gave this funny smile at the request which made me wonder if perchance she knew why I was asking.

Anyway, I'll probably buy a latte or something at $tarbucks on Tuesday using a $2 even though I haven't gotten anything else from them in several years.
    Last edited by twency; February 12th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

(Washington County)

I've never been to a Starbucks before today, but I am planning on going a little out of my way after work to OC at one and spend some cash.

If it isn't too busy I'm going to try and pull a manager aside and let them know why I came in.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

Unhappy Re: Pro gun support at Starbucks on Feb.14th

Well, I failed to participate. I looked up my closest Starbucks, tossed my daughter in the truck, and off we went to go OC in a Starbucks. (Well, just me, since she's five.) I was totally unable to find the damn Starbucks where it claimed to be, which for anyone who might happen to be in the area, is at the new shopping center off route 100 in Upper Pottsgrove, where there's a Best Buy and a Target, among other things.

So, I wound up uneventfully sitting inside a disgusting McDonanlds, OC'ing there, instead, which was odd for one who does not OC...

If anyone happens to know whereTF that Starbucks is, I'd be happy to go try again before the end of the day, if you can guide me.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Overscore View Post
    Well, I failed to participate. I looked up my closest Starbucks, tossed my daughter in the truck, and off we went to go OC in a Starbucks. (Well, just me, since she's five.) I was totally unable to find the damn Starbucks where it claimed to be, which for anyone who might happen to be in the area, is at the new shopping center off route 100 in Upper Pottsgrove, where there's a Best Buy and a Target, among other things.

So, I wound up uneventfully sitting inside a disgusting McDonanlds, OC'ing there, instead, which was odd for one who does not OC...

If anyone happens to know whereTF that Starbucks is, I'd be happy to go try again before the end of the day, if you can guide me.
    Could be inside the Target you mentioned, to the right or left of the entrance after you walk in. There are several of those around here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast