Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Not going to BS Ya ..

Been on this site since Aug .. Great bunch of guys .. Meet many members and have read and learned a TON !! Be honest with ya .. I'm not sure about OC. I have had my LTCF for 15 years.

1st things first .. No BS .. I would be nervous for sure .. I live in Phila and read good and bad OC adventures .. Not just the posts about OC .. I would be nervous from jump street .. Just to be out in the open .. Thinking about someone or a couple of fella's coming up from behind and knocking you down to the ground .. Being a target cause they see it ... On the other hand, would someone come up and mess with someone packing .. Who knows ..

I feel more comfortable CC. Element of surprise .. Something about CC and knowing that I have what's needed to defend myself .. family and other law abiding citizens, when and if the time comes I will be ready ..

I have read the OC format and posts about how to and such .. And one day maybe I will OC .. That day may come soon ..

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Not going to BS Ya ..

Method of carry is an individual choice. There is no requirement to carry openly if you don't feel comfortable doing it. There is no right or wrong way to carry as long as you are legal. Do what you feel comfortable with, and don't sweat it.
    Last edited by truecrimson; October 31st, 2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Clarify a bad sentence
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Been on this site since Aug .. Great bunch of guys .. Meet many members and have read and learned a TON !! Be honest with ya .. I'm not sure about OC. I have had my LTCF for 15 years.

1st things first .. No BS .. I would be nervous for sure .. I live in Phila and read good and bad OC adventures .. Not just the posts about OC .. I would be nervous from jump street .. Just to be out in the open .. Thinking about someone or a couple of fella's coming up from behind and knocking you down to the ground .. Being a target cause they see it ... On the other hand, would someone come up and mess with someone packing .. Who knows ..

I feel more comfortable CC. Element of surprise .. Something about CC and knowing that I have what's needed to defend myself .. family and other law abiding citizens, when and if the time comes I will be ready ..

I have read the OC format and posts about how to and such .. And one day maybe I will OC .. That day may come soon ..
    I'm the same~don't want any attention drawn to me...I'm just "Joe Everyman"~but I sure admire the folks that do OC.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Allegheny County)

You sound confused.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

i understand where your coming from, start with more gun friendly places and lil by lil you'll get used to it but anyone who has the intent of doing harm to you will try but unlike cc'ing the weapon is clearly visible when oc'ing so when and if "god forbid" someone tired to harm you or loved ones then because your oc'ing they(the bg) clearly knew what the risk were...

and i personally think anyone oc'ing needs to know some weapons retention techniques. things happen faster then our minds could imagine so when and if something happens you will not have realized its happen until one of you is on the ground...
    Last edited by 350CI; October 31st, 2011 at 08:03 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You sound confused.

Not at all .....

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    Method of carry is an individual choice. There is no requirement to carry openly if you don't feel comfortable doing it. There is no right or wrong way to carry as long as you are legal. Do what you feel comfortable with, and don't sweat it.
    ^^^ Very well stated, its a personal choice: feel awkward, unsure, uneasy, not properly informed don't do it, I for one won't bust your balls.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
    ^^^ Very well stated, its a personal choice: feel awkward, unsure, uneasy, not properly informed don't do it, I for one won't bust your balls.
    I agree. Personally I carry openly in the summer when out and about. During colder weather my weapon gets covered by my jacket. I'm fine either way. Comforts key.

(Delaware County)

Do what you feel the most comfortable doing. That's all there is to it.

I open carry because I try my best to pay attention to my surroundings. I work very hard to keep from being snuck up on.

(Allegheny County)

Open carry is legal, it should be and I don't have a problem with it, but many people OC for all the wrong reasons. All you have to do is spend a day on here reading posts from OC members to know why it is so controversial and causes so many problems. We can go back and forth all day long talking about the pro's and con's of both, do what you are comfortable with as you are responsible for your actions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast