Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default 6-Year-Old Scout Suspended for Bringing Knife-Fork-Spoon Utensil to School

6-Year-Old Scout Suspended for Bringing Knife-Fork-Spoon Utensil to School
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,564605,00.html
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: 6-Year-Old Scout Suspended for Bringing Knife-Fork-Spoon Utensil to School

Go Figure...

The pussification of America continues when you can have a metal eating devices at school.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: 6-Year-Old Scout Suspended for Bringing Knife-Fork-Spoon Utensil to School

Rules are Rules.... Give me a break. I had a similar incident a few years ago when my son took a picture of him shooting an AK. They wanted to suspend him for it under the same "zero tolerance"rule.

They said the AK47 he was shooting in the picture counted as a facsimile of a weapon therefore it violated the school policy and would be suspended.

What a mess. I hope this gets un-fucked soon. This kid might be turned off of school forever now.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Go Figure...

The pussification of America continues when you can have a metal eating devices at school.
    The ruling is BS and lacks all common sense. So does allowing a 6 year old to have a knife.

Tiger Cubs (1st graders) should not have knifes of their own. The program doesn't allow them until they are older. So the kid should not have had one through his Cub Scout program. Also, he has been involved in Cub Scouts (Tiger Cubs) for probably less than 2 months. He is very, very young for the program.

Hopefully the mother is able to get the euling overturned.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Delaware County)

I hate ZERO tolerance anything!! The kid is found guilty before he gets any representation! And the IDIOTS on the school board defend their position? I would vote them all out and fire the solicitor. I want common sense in the schools. Get a group of parents together and let them decide after they interview the child and hear the entire story! Rights are being destroyed!

I expected the people on this site to be appalled at this travesty!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Soon Pencils will be banned... They are pointy! Nothing but Crayons and saftey Scissors...
    ΑΣΦ

(Dauphin County)

Zero Tolerance = No common sense.

This is the kind of crap that drives me nuts. The kid is not a threat to anyone.

Yet bullying goes on, kids get the snot beaten out of them on the bus, and all of the other garbage is tolerated.

Absolutely ridiculous.

(Montgomery County)

Wait, this is the nesting 3 piece utensil set right? The one with the knife that won't cut Salisbury steak? Round nose, blunt blade? I had one when I was a scout. Thought it was the coolest thing ever. Though it would barely cut butter.

Yup, common sense is officially dead. This poor kid was all excited about joining scouts- new uniform, handbook, gadgets... and they sentence him to reform school for sharing his enthusiasm?

He might have even recruited a few friends if Scouting weren't so damn dangerous! Next they'll be teaching those kids how to build a fire and pitch a tent. Who knows where this might lead? Self sufficiency? Independent thinking? Being prepared? Might even grow up to be a (Gasp!) gun nut!

No better way to put him off schooling and hate authority in general. Show him that adults are idiots.

Ham radio: when all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by .45 fairy View Post
    Zero Tolerance = No common sense.
    . . .
    That's exactly the reason for schools having "zero tolerance" policies, so that they can implement their irrational personal prejudices without having to justify them.

When children in public schools can wear "gay pride" T-shirts, or pics of Che Guevara, or Pro-NEA union shirts, or pro-Obama shirts, but they get suspended for wearing a shirt with the "Glock" name etched on it, we have a clear violation of the 1st Amendment. Spoiled school admin weenies couldn't possibly justify treating the word "Glock" as a threat to school safety, not even if they chanted "Columbine" and "post-9/11" in their ritualistic way, so instead, they had a meeting and decided that irrational fear and gun bigotry were now OFFICIAL SCHOOL POLICY, so it's out of their hands.

Try that in any other context, especially the issues near and dear to the Progressives. Fire any teacher who discusses politics in an election year (there's probably some part of McCain-Feingold that allows this.) Illness is a problem, so any kid who sneezes, throw him out on the street.

It's bizarre to me that children with AIDS get to stay in their classes where sticky children mix bodily fluids, because God forbid that we hurt their little feelings by treating them as though they had some sort of communicable disease; but a picture of a gun on a T-shirt can justify a lockdown*.

(School lockdowns are a sick joke. Herding all of the children into rooms with huge glass windows and big glass doors, guarded by unarmed weenies who are afraid of guns, protected by nothing more than an ample supply of dodge balls and Sporks, is literally insane. One man with a single-shot shotgun would OWN that school. When schools have metal security doors and armed guards, THEN it will make more sense to defy worried parents and keep all the kids in one, secure place. But for now, it's like placing all the valuables from your home in a glass box on the front porch, safe unless someone tries to do anything. Or like putting all your eggs in one poorly-made basket.)
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    The ruling is BS and lacks all common sense. So does allowing a 6 year old to have a knife.

Tiger Cubs (1st graders) should not have knifes of their own. The program doesn't allow them until they are older. So the kid should not have had one through his Cub Scout program. Also, he has been involved in Cub Scouts (Tiger Cubs) for probably less than 2 months. He is very, very young for the program.

Hopefully the mother is able to get the euling overturned.
    The scout eating utensils contain a fork, spoon and a butter knife about as dangerous as a plastic knife, no dangerous weapon. The school admin. are ASSHATS.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast