Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Help Me Write Nice Letter To Landlord

I've lived in this place I live in for a couple of years, and there's just a couple of things that have bothered me about it, but I want to break it to him as nicely as possible, so any tips would be appreciated.

Here's what I've jotted down so far:

I'm sorry to bother you, but there are a few problems with the seal of the windows, and doors to keep outside matter from getting into the apartment:

The very front main entrance door allows insects, and inclimate weather inside of the building.

The door to the storage room inside of the apartment has many spider skeletons, gaps, and therefore I believe the door's lack of sealing once allowed a field mouse inside of the apartment. Ever since I placed blockage at the bottom of the door there has been more sighting of mice.

The living room window by where the air conditioner is located has dirt, and was major infiltration source of insects until I patched a hole up on the window with dutch tape.

Before I buy blinds for the living room window which you've kindly agreed with me to reimburse me for buying them as long as I leave them for the apartment I would like something done to permanently seal this area from outside matter. Nothing fancy has to be done, and I'll be satisfied with any quick, simple solution.

I'm interested to know if you'd be willing to go along with the same deal for a dryer, and washer by the way. If so I may be interested in buying a high efficiency top of the line dryer, and washer for the apartment down the road.

You're A Kind Landlord,

jacky chan

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Help Me Write Nice Letter To Landlord

Just let him know what's going on if he's good he should work with you.
    And why would you buy a top of the line washer and dryer and just leave them.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Monroe County)

fix my shit bitch, clack clack.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    fix my shit bitch, clack clack.
    Oh shit, that's funny!

I don't know if you have any handyman skilz, but maybe offering to help him with the repairs if he provides the materials might help. Maybe picking a day you are both available and knocking out the work together might help smooth any ruffled feathers.

A couple hours of your time isn't too much to contribute and it may help convince him to let you have the washer/dryer.

(Monroe County)

meet him half way. tell him whats wrong, have him come take a look.
    you require these things to be fixed for the money you pay to live there.

you will repair these things yourself, saving him alot of labor if he wont do it and has to contract someone, and ask him to take off the next months rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

I think that it's great that you want to be a nice guy about all of this and like the saying goes "You attract more bee's with honey than you do vinegar" but don't forget that it is YOUR right to bring up things that you feel are inadequate. If you are a tenant in good standing and he is a respectable landlord then it should not be that hard to reach an agreement.

Remember you are paying him to live there and if your not happy and he is not willing to make you happy then I say move on my friend!
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Luzerne County)

I am a landlord. Many times things are in need of repair and I don't find out for a long time. I fix them immediately. If your landlord has any sense he will not want his building to be damaged further by things that can be fixed by simple means. Offering to do the work and be compensated by a break in rent is a fair deal for both of you.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
    I am a landlord. Many times things are in need of repair and I don't find out for a long time. I fix them immediately. If your landlord has any sense he will not want his building to be damaged further by things that can be fixed by simple means. Offering to do the work and be compensated by a break in rent is a fair deal for both of you.
    Yep. Same deal here. You don't tell me, I don't know.