Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Philadelphia Zoo

This is my first time posting, but I have PM a few and read hundreds of threads...this place is great. My question is am I allowed to CC at the Philadelpia Zoo. The wife wants to take my nieces there and I was curious if I can carry it there. Thanks for your help.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by michaelchica View Post
    This is my first time posting, but I have PM a few and read hundreds of threads...this place is great. My question is am I allowed to CC at the Philadelpia Zoo. The wife wants to take my nieces there and I was curious if I can carry it there. Thanks for your help.
    I would suspect you would have to check with the park rules. Personally I can't see why not, but this is philly we are talking about. Like I said, just to be safe, I would probably check the rules and possibly even call someone inquire about the rules and regs. Just my 2cents...

Be safe in Philly friend!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Monroe County)

So if it`s concealed who would know?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    So if it`s concealed who would know?
    You probably shouldn't be saying stuff like that in a public thread. As a gun owner it is your responsibility to abide by all rules and laws and set an example to other new gun owners and also to show those nasty politicians that we aren't all law breaking savages.

I was just curious in case there are any metal detectors setup there

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelchica View Post
    I was just curious in case there are any metal detectors setup there
    I haven't been there in so long I couldn't tell you if there are any there or not. Like I said, I would definitely check the rules before just concealing one and carrying it in. Those kinds of uneducated decisions can get you in a bit of trouble with the man.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    You probably shouldn't be saying stuff like that in a public thread. As a gun owner it is your responsibility to abide by all rules and laws and set an example to other new gun owners and also to show those nasty politicians that we aren't all law breaking savages.
    The key distinction is between laws and rules. Laws should not be broken, but unless the PZ is a national park, CCW there is not against the law. If the PZ is a state park, then it's possible that CCW is against the law. If the PZ is neither, then any CCW ban is just some piss-ant rule that the PZ invented, and has no legal weight whatever. I'm gathering that the OP wants to know which of the 3 cases prevails.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

No metal detectors, but I believe there was something posted about no weapons allowed. I didn't CC when we went there last because I didn't know the policy. Could you let us know what you find out?

(Lancaster County)

But it doesn't mean that you can just go blatantly disregarding rules set out by the PZ or anyone for that matter. And you all wonder why politicians think of gun owners as law breakers too. Do you know how easily this could turn terribly sour if the media got ahold of this?

"Breaking news this evening, local man carries a concealed weapon into the philadephia zoo with blatant disregard for the rules..." You wonder why we have such a tough time keeping our guns in our hands? You people drive me insane!!!!!!!!!!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    The key distinction is between laws and rules. Laws should not be broken, but unless the PZ is a national park, CCW there is not against the law. If the PZ is a state park, then it's possible that CCW is against the law. If the PZ is neither, then any CCW ban is just some piss-ant rule that the PZ invented, and has no legal weight whatever. I'm gathering that the OP wants to know which of the 3 cases prevails.
    Problem would be that if it is a policy set by the Zoo (is it privately owned?) you would be breaking their policy and be asked to leave the Zoo. While I think we have a right, I also think private property owners have the right to set policy that should be followed. You can't force one right down the throat of another who is exercising their right. If it is a city owned or national park I think the stupid regulations must be repealed, but until then follow the rules of private property owners and the laws of the land. Disregarding either is no way to change either.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast