Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: self defense

(Armstrong County)

Default self defense

has any one here personally had to use lethal force, or a deadly weapon (aka a knife) in self defense? What was the outcome?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: self defense

to answer your question no, but just a heads up, use the search engine. This will be closed im sure once a mod reads it.. Same thing came up not to long ago and it was closed.

(Armstrong County)

i tried to search it, all i got was questions about the laws and how close, and what if they dont have a weapon. etc. etc

So this would be to say I am the only one on this site that has had the need to defend myself. odd. I will watch this post for the next few days and post my story if it stays open

(Dauphin County)

I've come damn close. REALLY DAMN CLOSE!

Luckily (for myself and anyone involved in each situation), I've never had to go past un-concealing and preparing to draw.

Hopefully, it'll stay that way.

-38Doesn'twanttoeverfireoutsideofapracticerangebutw illwithouthesitationifnecessaryFan

(Berks County)

Bad question! Same as you don't ask a military person if they killed someone in combat. It's Personal

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r101all View Post
    Bad question! Same as you don't ask a military person if they killed someone in combat. It's Personal
    Probably one of the better reposnes to this question and rep sent.

However, it's my belief that the OP raised the question because, like many of us, he wants to learn by experiences other than his own.

By understanding the experiences of others, he may learn what to do and especially, WHAT NOT TO DO should, God Forbid, he finds himself in that unfortunate situation where it's "Do Or Die" and is forced to pull that trigger with the front sight poised on another human being.

Maybe someone is actually comfortable enough to come forward and tell their story; and for that person to come forward, I will personally applaud them for their ability to discuss something so personal and heart-wrenching.

For me: If a stranger on the street were to ask me that question, I would quickly tell them it's something I don't discuss openly.

However, we are a family here and all focused on the same goals; so the "comfort level" (if such can exist) may be raised a hair.

I'll be watching this one as well to see where it unfolds.

-38SnubFan

(Berks County)

I've posted this before so I won't give the full story here, you'll just have to do a search of my posts.

Attacked from behind in Walmarts parking lot, he pulled a knife, I drew my gun, he saw the gun and dropped the knife, then followed my instructions. The instructions were to kick the knife to me, get on the ground, and slide his cell to me (i didnt have one). I called 911, dispatcher sent officers out, I asked to be transferred to the responding officers so I could get instruction from them on what to do and give them my description and exact location in the parking lot so I wouldn't end up being shot by the police.

I don't have any proper training in self defense with a firearm, but I've practiced confirming the level of threat, drawing, taking aim, etc with the TV. Walker Texas Ranger is a great show for that, they always show the bad guy at the beginning of the episode, so when I'm watching that ill often have a snap cap in. He comes on screen, if hes not armed I do nothing but if he is I draw and take aim. If he doesn't point the gun at the camera (aka me) I don't fire, if he does I fire.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Centre County)

I never have, but my sister-in-law did. She was in the car with her daughter and my brother and his friend were picking someone up.

They got jumped by a group of 5-6 guys, and then one of them came after my sister-in-law (who was also pregnant at the time) with a hammer. She pulled her gun from her purse and they all immediately fled.

(Somerset County)

Anyone coming on sharing those type personal experiences I would wonder about . Other than possibly a yes or no .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Anyone coming on sharing those type personal experiences I would wonder about . Other than possibly a yes or no .
    here, wonder about this one:

1992, driving from Georgia to Colorado with my wife in my pick up truck. Truck bed loaded with all kinds of stuff as I was taking wife home and I was going on a one year tour to Korea.

I was minding my own business on I-70 in BFE Missouri. A car came up behind me and pulled along side. Three white males inside. Both passengers had windows rolled down and were yelling at me. I slowed to about 20 MPH and rolled my windown down. I thought maybe something had come loose in the back of the bed of the truck and flew out.

Both passengers yelled "We are going to kill you!" one right after the other.
    My wife popped her head up off my lap, she was sleeping guys!!! LOL
    I pulled out my .357 Ruger Security Six SS and pointed it at them. Their eyes got as big around as saucer plates!! Driver slammed on the breaks and as far I know, the car never moved from where it stopped there on the highway. I sped up and kept on going.

The wife of course ask's if I was driving like a jerk or cut them off. LOL Ain't no one around for miles and she asked that...funny as hell to me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast