Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2,974 Reasons

(Philadelphia County)

Default 2,974 Reasons

America hasn't forgotten, they just don't seem to give a shit anymore.

Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: 2,974 Reasons

I dont think people have forgotten. "enhanced interrogation" is close to torture. Torture is thought to be used to extract vital information but it rarely does. Victims are more likely to make up stories to get the pain to stop. These stories will divert and waste resources.

There are other more efficient ways to get information.

(Philadelphia County)

You ever been waterboarded? It's really not that bad. I know guys who have waterboarded their girlfriends for a half hour and they said it wasn't that bad. Our boys go through far just in training in the military. There are better ways to get information but the current liberal pussification of America has made us too risk averse to actually put human assets where, while in harms way, they can collect vital information that you just can't get from squints and a wiretap.
    Read what you wrote right there, "close to torture" close, but not torture. We're not supposed to be setting enemy combatants up in the Marriot. They are prisoners of war, not vacationing at a fucking resort.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Y know guys who have waterboarded their girlfriends for a half hour . . .
    You know some really strange people

They are prisoners of war, not vacationing at a fucking resort.
    However, as leaders of the civilized world, we are supposed to setting the standards and prisoners of war have rights too.

(Montgomery County)

You ever been waterboarded? It's really not that bad. I know guys who have waterboarded their girlfriends for a half hour and they said it wasn't that bad. Our boys go through far just in training in the military. There are better ways to get information but the current liberal pussification of America has made us too risk averse to actually put human assets where, while in harms way, they can collect vital information that you just can't get from squints and a wiretap.
    Read what you wrote right there, "close to torture" close, but not torture. We're not supposed to be setting enemy combatants up in the Marriot. They are prisoners of war, not vacationing at a fucking resort.
    I'm not disputing any of this.

So you know, I have been waterboarded. As an International Relations major who was writing a thesis on waterboarding, I figured it had to be done.

I had a blast! However... I think the situation is a bit different. My "interrogator" knew that he couldn't kill me, and I knew that he wouldn't. As such, the fear was not that big of a factor. I managed to endure the same amount of it as the average CIA operative, so it is not like I bailed out early.

I think we need to stop* torturing the combatants from whom we intend to extract information.

* - Stop in this context means the we need to stop letting it be known that we are doing it.

(Allegheny County)

You ever been waterboarded? It's really not that bad. I know guys who have waterboarded their girlfriends for a half hour and they said it wasn't that bad.
    Bullshit.

10 char

waterboarding ain't nothing but giving a bath to someone who desperatly needs one
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Montgomery County)

It's really not that bad. I know guys who have waterboarded their girlfriends for a half hour and they said it wasn't that bad.
    I'd say they didn't do it properly. Or their girlfriends were just kinky massochists.
    bukakee ≠ waterboarding

http://intelligence.senate.gov/07092...ler.pdf#page=6
    There is a real risk of death from actually drowning or suffering a heart attack or damage to the lungs from inhalation of water. Long term effects include panic attacks, depression and PTSD. I remind you of the patient I described earlier who would panic and gasp for breath whenever it rained even years after his abuse.
    Last edited by tlgpa; June 29th, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Major BS. I was in for 4 years during the first gulf war and never had this done to me as military police. I trained with special forces at ft. dix new jersey and at camp bullis in texas and never had any of this done. My nephew is in right now and has never had this done.
    No "girlfriend" is going to let this be done for fun.
    It is a know fact that torture in most cases is not productive and real information is gathered through other means.

Ps. these are not prisoners of war , they are enemey combatants. If they were declared prisoners of war the would b covered under the Geneva convention and could not be tortured in anyway.
    No longer posting

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWinger View Post
    You know some really strange people

However, as leaders of the civilized world, we are supposed to setting the standards and prisoners of war have rights too.
    Have to disagree these guys are not POWs we're not in a war. It's not even a police action don't know what you'd call this. To be a POW you must be captured in a uniform other then that your a spy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast