Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P250 45acp

(Montgomery County)

Default Sig P250 45acp

Has anyone heard when this may be released?
    I'm trying to hold out for it instead of getting the 9mm but don't know if I can wait much longer,lol
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P250 45acp

Rumor has it sometime in the summer, but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

Check out a P220. Look for an older W.German stamped slide version.
    They are great shooters and you will not be disappointed.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

According to what I have read you will be able to convert calibers real easy on the 250 anyhow. I checked one out in 9mm last week and I was not impressed. It is cool and modular, but the double action trigger did nothing for me.

(Montgomery County)

Had a 220st ,great gun.
    The 45 is not interchangeable with the 9,40 or 357,,,it's stand alone.
    I liked the trigger dry firing it,thought it felt great,,to each is own on that .

(Allegheny County)

Yes the new 250 can interchange all those calibers.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=183

The P250, a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and size at will.... The SIG SAUER P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. The P250 will be available in the most popular calibers (9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP). The P250's innovative design enables the shooter to quickly remove the functional mechanism and place it into the polymer grip of his choice. This allows an immediate change in caliber and size;(subcompact, compact and full). And after any change the pistol delivers both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality. Its modularity not only provides incredible ease of maintenance, but also provides a solution for accommodating different hand sizes - there are 6 different ergonomic combinations for each size, accomplished by changes in grip circumference and trigger style. Now you can own the world's only modular shooting system globally engineered to deliver the "to hell and back" reliability you've come to expect from Sig Sauer.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Chester County)

The thing is, the cost to switch calibers is going to be prohibitive.

When you figure you can buy a second gun for maybe $100 more....why would you want to have to be pushing out pins, and only have 1 gun you can shoot at a time?

If you live in a state like Jersey that makes you wait months for every handgun permit you purchase...maybe it has some purpose to you. But really...who wants to be sitting there at the range swapping out hot/ dirty parts? Totting bags of recoil springs, mags, barrels, slides and fire control parts along?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Yes the new 250 can interchange all those calibers.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=183

The P250, a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and size at will.... The SIG SAUER P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. The P250 will be available in the most popular calibers (9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP). The P250's innovative design enables the shooter to quickly remove the functional mechanism and place it into the polymer grip of his choice. This allows an immediate change in caliber and size;(subcompact, compact and full). And after any change the pistol delivers both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality. Its modularity not only provides incredible ease of maintenance, but also provides a solution for accommodating different hand sizes - there are 6 different ergonomic combinations for each size, accomplished by changes in grip circumference and trigger style. Now you can own the world's only modular shooting system globally engineered to deliver the "to hell and back" reliability you've come to expect from Sig Sauer.

It was my understanding (forget where I read it)that the 9,40 and 357 would be interchangeable but not with the 45acp due to its size,I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what I read,.

(Cumberland County)

the previous posting is correct, the .45 acp will be a separate gun. but the other 3 calibers will be interchangeable. I have the 9mm and it is AWESOME!!! but i also look forward to the .45 acp being released.
    MOLON LABE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TcRoc View Post
    It was my understanding (forget where I read it)that the 9,40 and 357 would be interchangeable but not with the 45acp due to its size,I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what I read,.
    I took that right off of the SIG website.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I took that right off of the SIG website.
    I understand that,,I've seen the movie clip before,but look at the post above your most recent,,another member saying the same thing,,the 45 is by itself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast