Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello everyone new to the site.

As the title says i am new here. I was just sitting back puffing on a cigar and drinking a beer and tried to call a friend to chat about things, (mostly firearms related) and he didn't pick up.

My first reaction was to look in my phone for someone else who would care to chat, (again mostly about firearms), only to realize most of my friends either wouldn't care, or aren't as well educated on the subject.

I then glanced at my laptop and realized there are most likely plenty of people who are willing to chat on that there internet. So a little about me.

I am a marine, once and always, just no longer on active duty, (and if you can't tell I'm trying to avoid using the words former and ex, which no marine ever is). I was born and raised in Pennsylvania, Lewistown to be exact. After i did my bit in the corps I lived in Williamsport while i went to school, and just a few months ago I returned from an army contract job in Afghanistan.

I now live in Washington and work in Oregon, (hopefully only for the time being). I'm married and we are expecting our first child, a son, due in May. I hope to hear from some like minded firearms lovers, and would love to entertain any questions, and look forward to posting some threads. Have a great day Semper Fi!

Default Re: Hello everyone new to the site.

Welcome to the Forum Devil Dog!

CL

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Devil Dog!

CL
    Ooh-Rah, thank you very much, i take it your from back home, i thought i was gonna look silly, posting from washington.

Yeah, us PA boys have kinda spread and infected many oh places!!! LOL
    I've hunted ducks and geese in Oregon...did pretty well.

CL

Yeah, us PA boys have kinda spread and infected many oh places!!! LOL
    I've hunted ducks and geese in Oregon...did pretty well.

CL
    Yeah i guess alot of us rarely stick around, I have an uncle from back home who lives near seattle, also a marine, he's old corps. I once met a guy in the corps who grew up on the other side of town from where i did, and never met him before that, small town and small world. So which side are you on? Steelers or Eagles?

(Schuylkill County)

I worked in Beaverton OR for 2 years. I was there in 1980 when Mt St Helens erupted. Crazy time.
    I don't live in PA full time yet but I am looking forward to moving there soon.
    Welcome to the forum.

Edit: Giants fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    I worked in Beaverton OR for 2 years. I was there in 1980 when Mt St Helens erupted. Crazy time.
    I don't live in PA full time yet but I am looking forward to moving there soon.
    Welcome to the forum.

Edit: Giants fan.
    You best hurry before Chris Christie devours New Jersey whike, lol, jk, I work in aurora, the commute sucks, on clearer days i can see st. helens, sans peak of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by CPL2NDAWARD View Post
    Yeah i guess alot of us rarely stick around, I have an uncle from back home who lives near seattle, also a marine, he's old corps. I once met a guy in the corps who grew up on the other side of town from where i did, and never met him before that, small town and small world. So which side are you on? Steelers or Eagles?
    Well, being from the Hershey area, I go with the Eagles, though I'm not a regular watcher of any sports or TV.

I never cared for the color scheme of the Steelers. I am retired Army and many folks don't know the US Army's colors are Black and Gold, which I love, but the way the Steelers put them together, blah! LOL

I was in Korea been 1992, had just been promoted to Sergeant and I was riding in the back of a Deuce 1/2 heading to a rifle range. I was looking at another infantry unit doing a ruck march, thinking, thank god I'm riding today, when I noticed a familiar face. A kid I grew up with. Hell, I'd been in the Army 4 years and didn't even know he joined. I yelled his name and he looked up. We yelled at each other as I was driving away, getting each others unit info. We linked up and drank a few beers and I never heard from or saw him again, till this day.

Crazy huh? LOL

CL

Hey brother welcome to the forum. Prior service Marine myself '04-'08. This is a great place for information, discussions, and a few laughs (search Hot Motel Room Situation when your bored). Have fun and stay safe. I like your handle..does it mean what I think it does lol.

Well, being from the Hershey area, I go with the Eagles, though I'm not a regular watcher of any sports or TV.

I never cared for the color scheme of the Steelers. I am retired Army and many folks don't know the US Army's colors are Black and Gold, which I love, but the way the Steelers put them together, blah! LOL

I was in Korea been 1992, had just been promoted to Sergeant and I was riding in the back of a Deuce 1/2 heading to a rifle range. I was looking at another infantry unit doing a ruck march, thinking, thank god I'm riding today, when I noticed a familiar face. A kid I grew up with. Hell, I'd been in the Army 4 years and didn't even know he joined. I yelled his name and he looked up. We yelled at each other as I was driving away, getting each others unit info. We linked up and drank a few beers and I never heard from or saw him again, till this day.

Crazy huh? LOL

CL
    Yeah that is crazy, it is a small world, I also ran into a guy in Iraq that i went to high school with, wish i hadn't really, he was a part of a reserve cobra squadron out of johnstown, and he was full of stories, but you know only when he was at home at a bar talking to people who didn't know any better, if you know what i mean. And also when i was a contractor in Afghanistan i ran into a guy i was in school with not a year before. He was national guard and we actually shared a hangar, (us contractor 47 mechanics, and them apache guys), really small world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast