Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Annual Ladies Pistol North Side Sportsmen's Association

North Side Sportsmen's Association will host another annual Ladies Pistol
    Orientation Class September 29.

North of Pittsburgh, just south of Cranberry Township.

The attached PDF brochure explains details.

http://www.nssa.ws

Harry Schneider is teaching the class

IF you click on the NSSA link and go to current events and scroll down to Ladies Pistol Orientation Class they can get the PDF with information and application.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Annual Ladies Pistol North Side Sportsmen's Association

Here's a link directly to the sign-up sheet:

http://www.nssa.ws/NSSA%20Ladies%20P...29-07%20LR.pdf

Are either of you a member there?
    I would be interested in something like this. Its less than 2 hours away from my house, so that would be ideal.
    I do have my own firearms .38spcl and xd9. Would I be able to bring my own?
    I really really do want to take some formal instruction. I investigated FIRE but the three day class is just to much traveling for me for 3 days. I live in Union City.
    Thanks!

(Washington County)

I am not a member there and have never attended one of their events - but years ago, when we were new gun owners, I attended a class like this in Elizabeth, PA. It was sponsored by a security service and the instructors were local police officers. I balked at going but kimbercdp kept nagging me (I thought only wives did that! ) so I went...and it was invaluable. A day well-spent.

Little anecdote: I had only shot a couple of times before I attended this class. They gave me a Colt revolver to shoot and I was not handling the kick very well. The police officer assigned to me said, "See how you keep jerking up every time you shoot? That will be very helpful if you're ever attacked by Tigger, but otherwise, you need to keep your arms level." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mrskimbercdp View Post
    I am not a member there and have never attended one of their events - but years ago, when we were new gun owners, I attended a class like this in Elizabeth, PA. It was sponsored by a security service and the instructors were local police officers. I balked at going but kimbercdp kept nagging me (I thought only wives did that! ) so I went...and it was invaluable. A day well-spent.

Little anecdote: I had only shot a couple of times before I attended this class. They gave me a Colt revolver to shoot and I was not handling the kick very well. The police officer assigned to me said, "See how you keep jerking up every time you shoot? That will be very helpful if you're ever attacked by Tigger, but otherwise, you need to keep your arms level." LOL.
    I'm going to email them and ask some questions. I would like to bring my own guns, after all they will be the ones I will be using all the time. I want to be proficient with my own guns. I went to the last shoot and to the range once after that. Those times I only had my .38. Now I also have a .9mm. I have very limited basics right now, taught to me at the shoot. I am going to the shoot Sunday. Hopefully I will improve. Hopefully I can bring my own. Maybe if I explained my concerns I could use them. I will take the class anyway, i'll just add another gun to my resume.
    I have trouble keeping my arms level too!