Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Post Mayor Nutter : At least he's consistent !

Mr. Michael Nutter, Mayor of Philadelphia, along with his cohorts in City Counsel are once again proving their disdain for Individual Rights.

Mayor Nutter and City Counsel in their infinite wisdom are now requiring Tour Guides to take and pass a History Test and demonstrate knowledge of the History they are exhibiting to Tourists of Philadelphia.

Tour Guide Lawsuit Story : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25495281/

Can you imagine the audacity of these folks, the Leaders of one of the largest cities in the United States, bearing in mind their recent lack of respect of Federal and State Gun Laws, that they would require average working Joe and Jane to " Know " about what they speak ?

I hope to God the City Tour Guides don't stumble onto the 2nd Amendment in their History Class, for if they do and begin to disseminate the truth, under some new scheme/law of Mayor Nutter's they'll probably be charged and imprisoned for " Inciting " or " Treason " or some other cockamamie charge.

I can see it now :

...Standard License to Tour Guide ( check fee schedule )

.... Standard License to Tour Guide w/Option to Disseminate Truth ( check fee schedule)

..... Standard License to Tour Guide w/Option to Disseminate Truth and Report on Mayor/City Counsel (see City Crimes Code)

Perhaps Mayor Nutter and City Counsel need some schooling in History and a briefing in " Oaths " and the penalties for " Treason " and/or " Abuse of Power/Office ".

We need a New Forum Headline here at PAFOA for items that fall under .... " You can't make this Crap Up, it has to be true " !!

As Beck would say : " Stew, get me the Duct Tape, my head's 'gonna explode "

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mayor Nutter : At least he's consistent !

There is some good in wanting to hest the tour guides in Philly, I have heard that somt of the things the kids ask the guides are a bit odd, and the guide gives them some weird off the wall answer which is wrong, And the teacher of the class knows the correct amswer, Si I believe that the want to have the tour guides tested is a goood thing,,, But it is also a horrible waste of tax payers $ and wouldnt really help a damn thing, And getting the drugs off the streets would be a better idea that the ideas so far,,,,, MABEY he will post signs throughout the city that say DRUG FREE CITY And all will be well.
    The man is interesting to say the least, He just wants to make something right!!!
    Next law he wants to pass is that all citizens of Philly will have to take a test to get a permit to give out directions to those who ask.
    Last edited by pred; July 5th, 2008 at 08:30 AM.

(Luzerne County)

ITs just another money making scheme by the "NUT"..... maybe we should propose a test for Mayors... to see if they have BRAINS....( in which case Philly would be looking for a new mayor )

How this dummy got elected in the first place still amazes me.......

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    ITs just another money making scheme by the "NUT"..... maybe we should propose a test for Mayors... to see if they have BRAINS....( in which case Philly would be looking for a new mayor )

YES YES MAYOR TEST!!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

LOL!! A UFA test for the mayor!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    Because the inmates are running the asylum.

All I can think of every time I hear this clown's name is:

"Have another nutter butter peanut butter cookie"

And just like the cookie this guy is just plain nuts.

(Allegheny County)

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree. Nutter is a stupid, ignorant POS who's head is so far up his own A$$ that he gets to taste breakfast a 2nd time , but I agree with him on this one.
    A tour guides job is to convey information, not make up answers, say "I don't know" or something else.
    Quantitative assessments of an individuals ability to do their job is pretty much the norm in my industry(computer programming). Usually, during the interviewing process, I will undergo 1-2 hours of technical screening/interviewing, in addition to the regular interviews. Once, I was subjected to 3 hours of nonstop round table questioning, it was rough, but the company wanted to make sure they were getting an expert, and I don't fault them.
    Bottom line, why should they be allowed to have a job as a tour guide if they are incompetent?

EDIT: I spoke too soon, didn't read the whole article. I was previously under the impression that these tour guides worked for the city. I now agree with you, he's an assclown.
    Last edited by ham385; July 5th, 2008 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intolerantbobj View Post
    ...are now requiring Tour Guides to take and pass a History Test and demonstrate knowledge of the History they are exhibiting to Tourists of Philadelphia.
    what is the problem??!!?!

he wants them to know the job they do so they do it right?!?

next thing you are going to say is you dont want them to run BR checks on school bus drivers and they dont need a Class B CDL with passanger and air endorsments...
    This Space For Rent

(Luzerne County)

Simply put... Here is an asshole that doesnt know the LAWS trying to tell Tour Guides that they HAVE to know what THEY are talking about when HE DOESNT...

HMMMMMMMMM... that guy is a few french fries short of a happy meal thats alll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast