Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rough couple of days here

Yesterday and today, I wish they were over. My brother-in-law shot himself with a studgun in an attempt to kill himself. It's taking longer than he had anticipated. He was taken off life support this afternoon, he had been kept on it till it could be determined if his organs were viable for donation. They aren't. The man has been ill for some time now with frontal lobe dementia. I guess he figured enough was enough. While I understand that sentiment this has done nothing but cause great pain to my sister and his children. Since I'm the least affected by this I have assumed the responsibility of cleaning up the garage. I swear I'm not looking forward to this.

If anyone out there ever thinks this is the solution to your life's situation....don't do it. It causes more harm than good.

The guy was essentially a good man. Raised his kids as best he could (camping, fishing, hunting, Scouts), went to work everyday, didn't engage in anti-social behavior, went to church every week. Something went wrong and his brain began to function improperly. He still worked part time at his church but things were progressing in a downward direction. Finally something snapped and he gave into a depression. I won't outright put him down for his action, his head wasn't right, but the aftermath is horrendous to those left. Myself, I'm confused, a bit angry and definately saddened. I'm not even sure why I'm putting this on the forum. Call it a vent I suppose. Seeing him hooked up to the machines, then taken off his breathing is labored, we wonder if there is any pain, can he hear us?, so many questions.

Don't ever take this way out. And if you must, don't to it at home. It's not fair, it doesn't help the family and you do more harm than good. I wonder if my sister can ever go into that garage again.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Rough couple of days here

That's rough. Sorry for your family's loss.

(Montgomery County)

I don't have any great words of wisdom for you - but, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

(Northampton County)

I am truely sorry to hear that news. My sympathies to you and your family.

- Chris

(Allegheny County)

you, and your sister and her kids, have my sympathies...as does your brother-in-law.

what a horrible situation to have to deal with.

i watched my grandmother mentally deteriorate over a decade due to alzheimers. at least she was elderly at the time. the horror of that type of gradual mental deterioration cannot be put into words.

throwing in having to deal with the man committing suicide on top of that...i can't even begin to imagine.

make sure your sister and her kids get professional counseling. they might not even realize they need it, but they do.
    F*S=k

(Franklin County)

I can feel for ya 100%.

Sadly, I've had an identical expirence on the girlfriends side of the family. This all happened saturday night. Her sister and her sisters son are going to need all kinda of help and support.

Hang in there for your family. They're going to need it.

Sorry to hear about the loss, you are right ... that is never the right way out of life.

there are disaster clean up people if you feel it's not a job you want to take on. Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

(Susquehanna County)

So sorry for your family. No words I know can comfort you. Be strong

(Chester County)

I am so sorry for you and your family. The pain you now have to endure in unimaginable. I can not tell you "I know how you feel", cause I do not know. What I can say is this. The road to recovery is hard, long and bumpy. Fight through it as a family. My thoughts are with you and yours.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast