Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default 24TH DISTRICT COPS DON'T ACCEPT FLORIDA NON RES PERMIT.

I just received a phone call from a friend who was locked up in the 24th district. He was pulled over and was asked if he had any guns in the car and told the police he had a gun and a permit to carry. He showed the cops the Florida non resident permit and they cuffed him and took him in. Then they charged him with carrying without a permit. They keep him for 12 hours then let him go and told him his Florida permit was fake. He told them to call PSP and they told him no. They let him go and kept his gun and did not give him a receipt for his gun. What can he do?
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 24TH DISTRICT COPS DON'T ACCEPT FLORIDA NON RES PERMIT.

I think his only recourse is to get a lawyer.

(York County)

He needs to contact the PA Attorney General. That's who determines which LTCF's Pennsylvania recognizes.
    The PSP is not to be trusted in these matters...

As far as his gun, reels18 gave you the best advice.

I don't understand how the PSP can sieze property without a warrant or write up a receipt, but that may be a matter for your friend's representative.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; May 17th, 2008 at 06:39 AM.

(Delaware County)

A while back I had contacted the Attorney General's Office (AG) via email pertaining to the DELCO Sheriff's practices concerning the issuing of a LTCF.

I was referred to a guy in the AG's firearms division, not sure I have the spelling correct but his name is George Zeizer and his phone number is (717) 783-9995.

Good luck,

Bill

(Chester County)

This is because PA does not do like FL. The municipalities have to much say. When you get a FL concealed weapons or firearm license it goes to the state the sheriff only takes prints.

My grandma always said to many cooks spoil the soup. I dont like the PA system. I have dealt with FL for many years and their system works very well.

Between PSP/Philly/certain municipalities we have problems here.

(Venango County)

Errmmm..in the OP it WAS a florida Permit...or am I missing something?
    It's a bit confusing, though....not sure what PSP would have to do with a non-resident florida permit anyway.....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Quote Originally Posted by PA CERTIFIED AGENT View Post
    I just received a phone call from a friend who was locked up in the 24th district. He was pulled over and was asked if he had any guns in the car and told the police he had a gun and a permit to carry. He showed the cops the Florida non resident permit and they cuffed him and took him in. Then they charged him with carrying without a permit. They keep him for 12 hours then let him go and told him his Florida permit was fake. He told them to call PSP and they told him no. They let him go and kept his gun and did not give him a receipt for his gun. What can he do?
    Sue them in state and federal courts for violating his civil rights, file criminal complaints against every officer involved in federal court for violating his civil rights, file an official oppression criminal complaint against every officer involved at the state level, and report his firearm stolen.

Some folks talk about "educating" cops. The only lesson a police officer willing to deliberately abuse his badge, authority, the public trust, and the law understands is jail time and a hit in the wallet, and it's the only education a criminal with a badge deserves.
    Last edited by JoeWilliams; May 17th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

i'm sure the attorney general will like this.....

(Delaware County)

Wasn't there a stink in the past about Pa not recognizing out of state LTCW unless the holder was a resident of that state?

Does anyone else remember that?

http://www.personaldefensesolutions....#6%20NEW%20NEW

I am a Pennsylvania resident. Can I carry legally in my home state with the Florida Non-resident Concealed Carry Handgun License?
    If you are a Pennsylvania resident, you MUST obtain a Pennsylvania Concealed Firearms Permit in order to be able to carry legally in Pennsylvania. Just having a Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit without a PA Carry permit does not make it legally valid for you to carry concealed in Pennsylvania!

It has recently come to our attention that the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office and the Pennsylvania State Police have recently ruled, despite the carry license reciprocity agreement between PA and Florida, to NOT recognize as valid in Pennsylvania the Non-Resident Florida Carry Permit. However, the Pennsylvania Attorney General and the Pennsylvania State Police have recently entered into a reciprocity agreement with Virginia. So, if you are NOT a Florida or Pennsylvania resident, and you want to be able to carry legally in Pennsylvania, you should consider obtaining a Non-Resident Virginia Carry Permit in addition to the Non-Resident Florida Permit.

(Chester County)

I thought that I remember seeing that PA doesn't recognize FL LTCF anymore also. Unless you are not from PA....

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast