Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default self defense: a fundamental human right.

this is an article I quickly wrote.

http://libertythinkers.com/political...l-human-right/

Self defense is one of the most basic human rights that allows a human being to defend oneself. Human rights are rights that exist from our humanity, not something that is a privilege. How one decides to exercise that right is their own decision. In America, rights tend to be stripped away from someone if they’re violating another person(s) rights and/or after a conviction by a jury trial.

Here in my state of Pennsylvania, we have all sorts of laws relating to self defense, but lets first have a quick peek at what the constitution states:

Article 1
    DECLARATION OF RIGHTS
    "That the general, great and essential principles of liberty and free government may be recognized and unalterably established, WE DECLARE THAT -

Inherent Rights of Mankind"

lets now pull out that section that talks about self defense:

Right to Bear Arms
    Section 21 :
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

Despite the Pennsylvania constitution explicitly stating “shall not be questioned”, politicians seem to think that they can regulate my fundamental right to self defense; more specifically, gun rights. Here in this commonwealth, you need to obtain a license to carry firearms (LTCF) for certain methods of carrying a firearm. The Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act contains the firearm laws for the commonwealth. Open carry doesn’t require a license, but as soon as you step into your car while carrying, you’re breaking the law. Concealed carry & carry within Philadelphia whether openly or concealed also requires a license. Requiring a license to do something to me means you have the official privilege. Since when is defending yourself a privilege? It’s a basic human right!

We MUST stop allowing politicians to keep eroding away our liberties and basic fundamental rights and return to constitutional carry. If we do not stand up for our rights, then we’ll never be free again. Please do your best to educate yourself, your friends, family members & those around you as truth is power!

As some of these fine men once said:

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds." – Samuel Adams

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people…they are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." – Thomas Jefferson

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." – Benjamin Franklin
    Last edited by andrewjs18; October 31st, 2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: edited to fix a few grammatical errors and add some content.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Franklin County)

Default Re: self defense: a fundamental human right.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Rights can only be stripped away from someone if they’re violating another person(s) rights and after a conviction by a jury trial.
    I'm disappointed to see such a statement from the model libertarian.

Basic human rights (often referred to as "inalienable" rights) can NEVER be stripped away, regardless of one's actions. That's why their called "inalienable". You might want to look that term up.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Basic human rights (often referred to as "inalienable" rights) can NEVER be stripped away, regardless of one's actions. That's why their called "inalienable". You might want to look that term up.
    while true...try getting a firearm (my article relates to firearm rights) if you're convicted and sent to do jail time..the politicians say you can longer have a firearm.

edit- I'll edit that part you quoted, Greg, so no1 takes it out of context.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; October 31st, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

When did PAFOA become a mirror for your blogging project?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    When did PAFOA become a mirror for your blogging project?
    so we're not allowed to post anything from another site on pafoa?

this forum states:
    General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    so we're not allowed to post anything from another site on pafoa?
    It's not my forum, so I can't grant or deny permission. Only Dan or his delegates can do so. I'm merely stating my opinion that PAFOA isn't intended to be mirror or re-transmitter of your blog, and if people want to read your blog, why, they can go there to do it. That is, after all, why you set it up, isn't it?

(Delaware County)

It's not my forum, so I can't grant or deny permission. Only Dan or his delegates can do so. I'm merely stating my opinion that PAFOA isn't intended to be mirror or re-transmitter of your blog, and if people want to read your blog, why, they can go there to do it. That is, after all, why you set it up, isn't it?
    I'm merely posting links & articles that directly talk about firearm stuff.

I think articles have been posted here 3X total that were written on the blog.

is this not a firearm forum?

if I'm not allowed to drop links to articles on a blog I manage that talk about firearms, then why are other people allowed to do so (mods, mind you).

(Susquehanna County)

Andrew sez:

Despite the Pennsylvania constitution explicitly stating “shall not be questioned”, politicians seem to think that they can regulate my fundamental right to self defense; more specifically, gun rights.
    Which is very good, but he forgets or overlooks this:

Reservation of Powers in People
    Section 25
    To guard against the transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.
    Now I'm, only a soldier and engineer, but this seems to remove the Articles covered in the Declaration of Rights from legislative action.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Semantics...your rights naturally exist, of course, but as far as your interaction within a civil society if you violate the liberty of others then you forfeit your rights...that's what he meant; I think you know that.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; October 31st, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

(Clinton County)

What is your problem with liberty minded folk posting related information on a discussion forum? If its content is related to the topic or forum in which it is posted what is the problem other than you having a personal problem with the views of other posters and finding a point of contention to stir up shit where there isn't a problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast