Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: firearms in nj

Default firearms in nj

I am from wisconsin and will be moving to new jersey soon it seems the laws from here to there are EXTREMELY different, here i need no permits to buy,sell or posses shotguns, rifles or handguns. I can transport all these weapons without permit and openly carry my handgun on my hip just no ccw without permit. I own a rem700, 22 lr, 12 guage pump and a beretta m9. I'm a bit confused, do I need to register these weapons ? Can I bring them with me and just store them without any legal bs ? and if i need to register for permits what would disqualify me besides national standards (felony, mental instability, domestic violence so on)

Default Re: firearms in nj

Quote Originally Posted by xxcamelxxtosisxx View Post
    I am from wisconsin and will be moving to new jersey soon it seems the laws from here to there are EXTREMELY different, here i need no permits to buy,sell or posses shotguns, rifles or handguns. I can transport all these weapons without permit and openly carry my handgun on my hip just no ccw without permit. I own a rem700, 22 lr, 12 guage pump and a beretta m9. I'm a bit confused, do I need to register these weapons ? Can I bring them with me and just store them without any legal bs ? and if i need to register for permits what would disqualify me besides national standards (felony, mental instability, domestic violence so on)
    Believe it or not, NJ has no registration. I'm not sure, so don't take this as legal advice, but I believe you can simply bring the guns with you and you're good to go. I'm not sure about transporting to the range/gun store though. You may need a FOID card or something for that. Wait for more knowledgeable members to answer though.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Sure you can't commute across the river from Pennsylvania or Delaware? NJ is arguably the most anti-gun state in the country.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Sure you can't commute across the river from Pennsylvania or Delaware? NJ is arguably the most anti-gun state in the country.
    What he said!

Might want to register here
    http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/index.php

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xxcamelxxtosisxx View Post
    I am from wisconsin and will be moving to new jersey soon

Sorry to here this.

(Northampton County)

New Jersey's new state moto:

"New Jersey - Are you sure you want to do this?"

I don’t believe you need to “register” your guns, and I also believe you can bring them into NJ if you have established a residence. IIRC you will need a Firearms ID card to purchase and transport long arms. Handguns directly to and from the range only. Purchasing a handgun is now limited to one a month, but it can takes months to get approved to purchase even a single handgun (each time you want to buy one). Forget about OC or CC. Firearm hunting is with shotgun and muzzleloader only. Oh and don’t forget to be sure any firearms you bring are NJ compliant.

I’m sure I missed something, and likely not quite correct here or there, but that’s the basics.

I hope you really have no other alternative.
    Sure NJ does have some nice places, but between the cost of living, and their insane legislature I would need to be bribed an awful lot to live there for even a couple years.
    Be careful you don’t become financially trapped….it happens.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Berks County)

There aren't too many places in NJ that you can't reach with a short drive out of PA. Why don't you reconsider where you're moving to, unless it's already too late?

(Montgomery County)

not only does Jersey have some of the most restrictive gun laws, it has one of the highest property taxes in the country.

Make sure you know the gun laws before you move into NJ. There are a lot of restrictions on owning certain guns and certain accessories on guns, especially Black rifles. Keep in mind that magazine capacity is restricted to 15 for all firearms.

I'd strongly reconsider moving into NJ if at all possible.
    PA is a much friendlier gun state and like crlovel stated, you might be better served if you look into moving into PA somewhere close to the border on NJ.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast