Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down The Real Deal on Wolfs in Lancaster Co.

After all the hype recently I stopped in at the infamous Wolf's in Lancaster county on the 72 just south of the turnpike....

If names have any indication, this place should have been named Coyotee's the selection was old and a little scrawny, I counted atleast 20 rinfire rifles, all used, lots of older 30-30s, some not too bad Brit 303's 2 Sks' Some new remington bolt guns and shotties; as far as pidtols are concearned it gets worse.

2 Ruger semi autos
    1 Sig
    2 Keltecs
    A couple of Taurus models
    some used Ruger .22s
    and 1 smith and wesson revolver....also used.

And I must say I wasn't impressed with the prices.

I don't know what what's his name was smoking but with Shyda's right up the road I wouldn't be caught dead there. Honestly this was the only time I've been at a shop and not wanted ANYTHING, and was only there for a minimum of 15 minutes, I'm sorry but even at a mediocre shop I should be able to spend a half an hour drooling and begging the wife to let me take something home...
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

That is great that you visited the shop. After all that hype...someone needed to visit the place...I know it wasn't going to be me...If the place was worth anything...I would have heard about it a long time ago.

Was no biggy, I work up in Lebanon often, as soon as I found out where it was I decided to stop in the next time I was up that way. Turned out that today was the day. Like I said, with Shyda's around tha corner and Encks just a few miles away to the east, I wouldn't bother.

But please, if anyone thinks I'm bashing, just go take a look for yourself

I'm just glad I found out before someonr gave it a try one Saturday for soimething to do, I'd hate for a fellow member waste thier time.

(Philadelphia County)

OOh.... what a let down...

and here I thought that Wolf's was going to be the bestest, most goodest, incrediblinging gun shop this side of the Milky Way.

I thought Wolf would be The Gun Mecca.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

again, not to be bashing, but compared to that place, my CLOSET is Gun Mecca

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    again, not to be bashing, but compared to that place, my CLOSET is Gun Mecca
    I dont know if this would break a law or something, but pictures of Wolf's shop would be fantastic!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I think that would be pushing it(the photos that is) while I find all the hype hillarious, it was kind of a nice little store, never said it wasn't, however there's many more I'd rather go to and I'm sure that some like the quaint small store. It's layed out on the first floor of a house, the shop is split into two area's fishing / firearms.

the firearms section consisted on 1 pistol case, scantly filled, approx. 8 feet of upright floor mounted long gun racks-mostly rimfires, and a wrap around the corner wall rack that had maybe----about 50 assorted rifles and shotguns.
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; October 5th, 2006 at 09:44 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: The Real Deal on Wolfs in Lancaster Co.

I registered to this forum just to set the record straight. Let me ask you something. Before you passed judgement did you even talk to Carl? The majority of his business is return customers FOR A REASON. Sorry the shop isn't fancy enough for you, or as well stocked as Shydas, but one thing you get from Wolfs is no attitude. I spend at least 1/2hr talking to Carl everytime I go in there. He can order anything you want at a good price, and his FFL transfer fees are cheaper than most. He sells alot of used firearms at a good price, and will keep an eye out for something if you ask. I frequent Shydas and Encks also, both are good shops, but the people just aren't as friendly. Another good shop is Richland Shooters supplies. If you've been there a few times they actually remember you, that goes a long way.

(Cumberland County)

Unhappy Re: The Real Deal on Wolfs in Lancaster Co.

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    I registered to this forum just to set the record straight. Let me ask you something. Before you passed judgement did you even talk to Carl? The majority of his business is return customers FOR A REASON. Sorry the shop isn't fancy enough for you, or as well stocked as Shydas, but one thing you get from Wolfs is no attitude. I spend at least 1/2hr talking to Carl everytime I go in there. He can order anything you want at a good price, and his FFL transfer fees are cheaper than most. He sells alot of used firearms at a good price, and will keep an eye out for something if you ask. I frequent Shydas and Encks also, both are good shops, but the people just aren't as friendly. Another good shop is Richland Shooters supplies. If you've been there a few times they actually remember you, that goes a long way.
    My apologies, Nijwnfi. Several weeks back, there was a poster on this forum who advertised on practically every thread about Wolf's. I don't know who the poster was, but it got a bit annoying. You couldn't read a thread without seeing this shop being advertised. It's great to read about what shops are in the area, but this guy went overboard. As you can see, these posts didn't do the owner much good. I'm sure the posters on this thread did not mean to personally attack your friend.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: The Real Deal on Wolfs in Lancaster Co.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder in this case. I just didn't want to see a decent dealer get a bad reputation. Sorry if someone else created false expectations, see for yourself. I don't have a horse in this race, just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast