Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt M4 .22?

(Berks County)

Default Colt M4 .22?

Has anybody seen these bad boys in person yet? I think its pretty cool. I've heard from a few people they have shipped already and that local stores had them. I've also been reading price tags of $550 - $799.

Anyone handle one yet or can confirm a price or store that has them in stock?

I've called 4 different places in Lancaster/Lebanon and two of them said they had them in stock last week at around the $699 mark which to me sounds like they jacked the prices up or the quotes of $540 I had been hearing were false. By the way both stores are now out.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Colt M4 .22?

From what I understand dealers had to pre-order them to get some of the first batch. The street price on the M4 should be between $600.00 and $650.00. I think Colt released the dealer pricing, witch was $500.00.

The guns look a lot better quality then the GSG. The lower is not a standard AR lower so you can not put a different upper on it. I took one out and shot it. It functioned fine and shoots pretty well. The thing I like about it was the barrel was threaded so you can add a suppressor.

(Montgomery County)

Depending on model, this site has them from $599-$699. Just need to ship them to your FFL. http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=216351

I'd do a lot of searching on the net before spending the money.

From what i've read, the lower can not be used on a real AR. They have a barrel shroud over a small barrel to give it the M4 look. The bolt is made out of pot metal and they do not use BDM mags. Plus, i've heard the upper to lower fit is pretty poor.

Not trying to tell you not to buy it - just suggesting you look around for others that actually own one. From what i've read, i'd think if you already owned a real AR, that money would be better spent on buying a .22 conversion for it instead. But again, this is only going by what i've read - i have not looked at one in person.

(Berks County)

I'm trying to gather some hands on knowledge of the gun. Thanks for your input. I do not already own a AR so a conversion kit is out of the questions. And purchasing an AR seemed to expensive. I was looking at the Ruger 10/22 with a few Mods when I came across this gun already put together.

I'll keep trying to find some more info on them.

Thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mattsomer View Post
    From what I understand dealers had to pre-order them to get some of the first batch. The street price on the M4 should be between $600.00 and $650.00. I think Colt released the dealer pricing, witch was $500.00.

The guns look a lot better quality then the GSG. The lower is not a standard AR lower so you can not put a different upper on it. I took one out and shot it. It functioned fine and shoots pretty well. The thing I like about it was the barrel was threaded so you can add a suppressor.
    I agree that the Colt looks better than the GSG. I saw one at the gun show in Oaks, PA. At first I thought it was the "real" thing until I saw the price tag. It was about $650.00.

(Northampton County)

I bought one a few weeks ago. Actually sold my GSG-5 to fund most of it.

It's a .22 and what guns4fun said is all true. What sold me was that a simple gemtech walther adapter threaded right on to the barrel and I was able to spin my Outback II can right on. The process to do that with my GSG-5 would have been much more costly and complicated.

It runs well, no FTFs or FTEs using standard or subsonic ammo. The mags are a little pricey @ $44, but for this type of gun, 2 mags is all you really need.

I bought the "tactical" model with the flat top and railed hand guard and paid well under $600 for it a American Sport Shooting. He had 2, I bought 1 and the second was gone by the next day.

The best pat of this is being able to mag dump 30 rounds of subsonic ammo without anyone knowing it. Most ranges frown on mag dumps - but with this, no one can even tell.

I have a bunch of AR's but wasn't interested in a conversion. .223 is dirty enough much less the mess that rimfire leaves behind and it wants a different twist rate than an AR offers. The Colt is 1:13, most ARs are 1:7 or 1:9.
    Last edited by Skullz; June 9th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Bucks County)

i put one on layaway at tanners in jamison, price was 550+tax and mags were 34 bucks a pop. mine is just like the rifle pictured above and i can't wait to get it off layaway and take it to the range. with the price of ammo sky high a good military style hi cap 22 rifle is a great alternative to shooting 223. sig is supposed to be coming out with a 22 cal version of their 556 rifle and SW is doing the same with the M&P15. with the GSG5 and now COlt M4 the 22 cal rifle market is much more exciting since for decades you were limited to the 10/22 or buying conversion kits.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
    I agree that the Colt looks better than the GSG. I saw one at the gun show in Oaks, PA. At first I thought it was the "real" thing until I saw the price tag. It was about $650.00.
    I saw the gun at the Oaks show also. I didn't pay much attention at first, but the price tag caught my eye, then I realized it was a .22. Looks nice. I had my baby girl with me so I didn't really get a chance to check out much there.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Lebanon County)

I have 2 in stock. I will have them at the harrisburg show. price is 550 plus tax

A co-worker told me Miller's in Mill Hall has one in stock, price is 540-something. A was already planning on going there tomorrow so I'll check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast