Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Smile We should pray for our new President...

I did not vote for Barak Obama, but he is now our President. I believe that God appoints leaders of nations to help with His will. Some leaders of nations were used to judge the nation and some where there to help the nation prosper. The fact of the matter is that no matter how much you may be scared or uncertain of our current President God is in controll. He hears the prayers of the saints and we being believers in Christ have a duty to cry out to our Lord and ask that he would change the hearts of this nation and our President. Through out the old testament it was always the cry of the prophets to the Nations to return to their first love. Here we are thousands of years later back to similar places as we were in Sodom and Gamorrah needing so desperately to return back to our first love. If you believe in Jesus christ and profess His as your Saviour than join me in praying for our new President. If you do not know or have not asked Jesus to be your saviour then I would invite you to do so and start living with the peace that passes all understanding by knowing that God, through His perfect sovereignty, is incontroll of all things.

1 Timothy 2:1-8

1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: We should pray for our new President...

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I did not vote for Barak Obama, but he is now our President. I believe that God appoints leaders of nations to help with His will. Some leaders of nations were used to judge the nation and some where there to help the nation prosper. The fact of the matter is that no matter how much you may be scared or uncertain of our current President God is in controll. He hears the prayers of the saints and we being believers in Christ have a duty to cry out to our Lord and ask that he would change the hearts of this nation and our President. Through out the old testament it was always the cry of the prophets to the Nations to return to their first love. Here we are thousands of years later back to similar places as we were in Sodom and Gamorrah needing so desperately to return back to our first love. If you believe in Jesus christ and profess His as your Saviour than join me in praying for our new President. If you do not know or have not asked Jesus to be your saviour then I would invite you to do so and start living with the peace that passes all understanding by knowing that God, through His perfect sovereignty, is incontroll of all things.

1 Timothy 2:1-8

1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.
    i read this and was like PRESIDENT GOD!!!! woah! then i learned control has 2 letter L's in it! i was like woah!

haha... but no i agree with you dude... we should pray for him... totally... i don't think he's going to do all the things everyone on here is saying he's gonna do... maybe we're all over reacting a little... only time will tell....

amen.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: We should pray for our new President...

That is funny I guess I forgot the BUT... LOL
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Montgomery County)

I believe that God appoints leaders of nations to help with His will.
    You lost me there.

“To Follow by faith alone is to follow blindly.”

-Benjamin Franklin

“Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it dies.”

-Mahatma Gandhi

I'm praying that BO fails miserably. If he succeeds, we are screwed.
    Last edited by 625; January 20th, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: clarify
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Beaver County)

I will say...I have been, am currently, and will be praying. I beg of the Lord to carry us through or walk beside us during whatever trials are placed before us.

Scared....yes.
    Depending on the Lord to keep myself and my loved ones safe...Yes.
    Using the bounties that the Lord has given to me to purchase aeapons and ammunition in case the devil tries to enter into my dwelling....Yes.
    I am a good man. I have the Lord in my heart. I do. But I am not a fool as well. Many good and godly men have seen thier death by lesser men. I do not plan to allow that to happen to me.
    The Lord has given us the power of thought and the ability to consider all options. I am planning accordingly.....

God Bless You, God Bless All Of Us!

(Montgomery County)

The Lord has given us the power of thought and the ability to consider all options. I am planning accordingly.....
    Now THAT is worth quoting. Well said.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Chester County)

boo.

ill have to make sure to pray to Lord Satan for all of you.
    Last edited by c.sander; January 20th, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    boo.

ill have to make sure to pray to Lord Satan for all of you.
    Its cool. To each his own. If one day you decide that there is a place in your life or your heart for accepting in the idea of christianity, you will find many folks waiting for you with open arms to invite you into thier hearts and help you learn. If you never do, that's cool as well. We all make our own way down thier chosen path... Never allow yourself to be judged for holding to what feels true to you. I was once a self proclaimed atheist. No longer. So .... its cool.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Its cool. To each his own. If one day you decide that there is a place in your life or your heart for accepting in the idea of christianity, you will find many folks waiting for you with open arms to invite you into thier hearts and help you learn. If you never do, that's cool as well. We all make our own way down thier chosen path... Never allow yourself to be judged for holding to what feels true to you. I was once a self proclaimed atheist. No longer. So .... its cool.
    not a problem. i just think belief in paranormal things is foolish, but i agree to each his own, whatever makes you happy.

btw, the i used to be an atheist thing is such a copout lie. its the same thing the anti's do when they say
    "im a gun owner too". ive never ever met an atheist who would become a christian, it doesnt fit, thats NOT how things work, christians become atheists but true atheists do NOT become christians.

Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. - B. Franklin
    Last edited by c.sander; January 20th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

(Erie County)

Open Carry: it's whats for dinner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast