Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie Roll Call

(Erie County)

Exclamation Erie Roll Call

Hi! If you're in Erie, post here and say hello.. I guess I'll go first..

I'm Doug, I'm currently 34 years old, and I mainly shoot at Walnut Creek Rifle Club and Bob's Gun Shop. I shoot .22LR plinking at least once a week. I have posted a few threads in the Gun Picture Gallery of some of my firearms. Here's the links to some of them.

Beretta Cx4 and Px4 Storms 9mm
    Savage Arms Mark II Mako .22LR
    Bond Arms SnakeSlayer Derringer .410
    Beretta 87 Cheetah .22LR
    H&K P2000 9mm

I prefer to shoot metal targets, as they give instant gratification upon impact. I attend the weekly metal silhouette target shootout at the Walnut Creek Rifle Club where I serve on the board of directors. I also manage the club website.

I hold a PA CCW permit, and frequently attend various classes at Bob McDowell's Lethal Weapons Training Academy. I also created and manage Bob's website.

I live in the city, and keep my boat at the Erie Yacht Club, where I serve as the IT Committee Chairman.

I'm a active voter, and generally find myself voting for Republicans. Erie is a pretty Democratic area, but they're pretty good people for the most part.

If you're from Erie too, and are a PA Firearm Owner, step right up and register for an account on this forum, and post a hello reply on this thread!
    Last edited by doug; October 16th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

(Erie County)

Hello Doug,
    My name is Marc and I saw your post and thought that I should respond. I was born and raised in Erie, on the east side in Harborcreek. I am 21 years old and I am attending Mercyhurst pursuing a Criminal Justice Degree. I come from a family that was never into guns/hunting, so I guess you can call me a "first generation" gun enthusiast. I currently only own a Glock 19 handgun but hope to someday expand my collection. I usually shoot at Bob's in McKean or at the game lands south of the State Street exit of I90. I have a CCW and try to, whenever appropriate, carry my Glock concealed. Everything I know about guns I've taught myself. In fact, when I first bought my Glock, I didn't even know how to load the magazine with bullets, let alone fire it. But now I usually go shooting every week or so and I'm constantly searching the internet for information on shooting tactics and practices.

It was nice to meet you-

Marc

(Erie County)

Default Re: Erie Roll Call

Well alotta people have looked at this post, but only 1 reply. So I guess I'll reply.

My name is Keith. I currently go to Penn State Behrend pursuing mechanical engineering technology. I'm also a first generation firearm owner so I had to start from scratch when I turned 18.

For the most part I shoot out on the gamelands range (rifles) or out a Bobs (handguns). I have a FL CCW. I took a class out near Philly at the end of summer and also visited the King of Prussia mall. FL as we all know has reciprocity with 28 states so that is why I chose to pick that one up. I also hold a FFL type 3 (C&R), but haven't picked anything up yet as I just it two weeks ago.

I'll probably attempt to upload some various pictures of my guns sometime as I see this site has webhosting. I also am on the site AK47.net/AR15.com/weaponforums.com Its all one site, but has 3 locations, its kind of confusing. There is a vast array of information on that site.

Well thats about it
    Last edited by KeithPA; March 24th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

(Erie County)

I'm one of the newest members to 'Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association'. My son is even newer, as he registered today.

As I mentioned to danp (Admin) in correspondence today: "As you probably know I joined yesterday, and so far like your forum. I belong to 'California CCW' and 'USCCA' also; and yesterday thought to myself, "Why don't I belong to a Pennsylvania Association,"and came looking for you. Didn't know your forum existed until yesterday."

If you sould see this danp (Admin) --- Thanks much for your warm words of Welcome. I do appreciate the comments.

Perhaps the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association -- was a concept waiting to happen? Seems great, what little I've looked it over so far. Taking this opportunity to predict that the Association will really grow in numbers/strength and will become an influence on Pennsylvania firearm regulations and probably will extend onward/outward as a National influence!

Other firearm Memberships: Keystone Gun Club/Erie .. NRA .. USCCA .. California CCW
    Last edited by keystone; November 22nd, 2006 at 05:28 PM. Reason: incorrect word inserted

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    I'm one of the newest members to 'Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association'. My son is even newer, as he registered today.

As I mentioned to danp (Admin) in correspondence today: "As you probably know I joined yesterday, and so far like your forum. I belong to 'California CCW' and 'USCCA' also; and yesterday thought to myself, "Why don't I belong to a Pennsylvania Association,"and came looking for you. Didn't know your forum existed until yesterday."

If you sould see this danp (Admin) --- Thanks much for your warm words of Welcome. I do appreciate the comments.

Perhaps the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association -- was a concept waiting to happen? Seems great, what little I've looked it over so far. Taking this opportunity to predict that the Association will really grow in numbers/strength and will become an influence on Pennsylvania firearm regulations and probably will extend onward/outward as a National influence!

Other firearm Memberships: Keystone Gun Club/Erie .. NRA .. USCCA .. California CCW
    I see everything!

Kidding, but welcome to the forum to both you and your son and thanks for the words of encouragement regarding our growth, I really hope we can become a pro-gun force in the state making sure gun owners are protected.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Hi Doug,
    Frank here. I just moved to my present location from Edinboro. Worked in Fairview. Always wanted to check out Walnut Creek, but never made it. Did some shooting at the Albion Sportsmans Club.

(Erie County)

Welcome to the PAFOA. On a personal note thanks for your donation. Think yours came into one that I matched.

Sounds like you may have been going to Edinboro University?

(Erie County)

Hey all! I live out in Springfield, and work in Erie. I have been in the area for a couple years now and am still looking for good places to shoot . I have shot at Bob's a few times and the SGL near Wattsburg, and was wondering what else is available. I have seen Walnut Creek and Gem City, but am not a member anywhere. Is there anything on the western side of Erie (other than Walnut) and how do I join?

(Erie County)

hello scout.. as you know there are alot of state game lands out in your area... other than that, the walnut creek rifle club is probably the best club out your way.

if you want a membership application for WCRC I can get you one.

welcome to the forum!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by prothero View Post
    Hi Doug,
    Frank here. I just moved to my present location from Edinboro. Worked in Fairview. Always wanted to check out Walnut Creek, but never made it. Did some shooting at the Albion Sportsmans Club.
    hello frank! thanks for signing up and posting on the forum

we do a lot of shooting on Tuesday nights indoors at the walnut creek rifle club, stop by sometime!

I've never been to the Albion sportsmans club, could you post some pics in the 'ranges' category?

welcome aboard!

-douglas

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast